Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High thc strains in the media

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by shaggyxrogers, Aug 4, 2017.

1. I don't get how all the studies link high thc strains to all these mental problems like for me personally I'll smoke to get high if that means I smoke 2 or 3 bowls of mids or one bowl of dank it doesn't really make a difference to me so how do people buy in to this crap? Can anyone shed some light on this the way I see it it's just less smoke in your lungs

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. THC causes psychosis it's a scientific fact. CBD is an antipsychotic. That is the answer.

High THC strains have been bred to have a much higher THC to CBD ratio. This is the sole answer that explains it.

It's about the BALANCE of THC to CBD and not necessarily the amount of each. But basically speaking the more THC the more psychosis less THC = less psychosis. Strains with less CBD have a higher chance of causing you to have mental issues like anxiety, paranoia, sleeplessness, depression ect.

How do you fix this? Only choose strains that are high in CBD and not just THC. THC is the miracle molecule that gets us high but THC is NOT PERFECT. CBD is the real miracle drug that makes THC so tolerable to smoke.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. You aren't even considering the fact that there are other chemicals inside of the cannabis plant other than THC. The science behind this is real not just propaganda.

Cannabis is perfect exactly how it is found in the wild. You take it and start genetically modifying things creating hybrids strains ect. And all the sudden for the first time in 10 million years people start having side effects the only thing that changed is the growing practices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. So what kind of strain you would recommend for this with mental issues... that still want a nice lil buzz and relaxation throughout the day...
    I'm still trying to find the perfect strain for me?... would 1:1 ratio be good?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Just smoke some weed man what Aaron is talking about is higher cbd making the high more enjoyable because it reduces anxiety and other similar symptoms. What mental problems do you have because if it's depression you would smoke different strains than you would if you had schizophrenia for example

• Like Like x 2
  6. Also is it self diagnosed or did a doctor diagnose you?

Grow journal

7. You will have to experiment for yourself. Everyone is different.
    But 1:1 is a good ratio

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

8. What studies have you seen that link High THC strains/usage to Mental Illness?

High enough amounts of CBD can actually diminish the effects of THC and can even "block" them in a way. I do believe without a doubt that THC causes psychosis, not only is it a scientific fact I've also experienced it myself (it's very common) so I know it's real.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. It's a big thing that's going on around me in Canada they are publishing a bunch of absolute bunk shit in the media about weed in teens leading to serious long term psycosis and schitzophrenia even though studies disproved it

10. Bullshit studies

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeah it's fuckin bull

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. It's all propaganda

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. PTSD, somatization disorder and anxiety.. Obviously all related to PTSD and yes I been diagnosed by the head of the psychiatrist where I live 9 years ago.. I have learn to control them... people can't even tell.. they think I'm normal, it's just a self control thing but I can snap at any giving moment
    I'm trying to work on getting my Marijuana Card here in Germany...

14. Diagnosed

• Like Like x 1
  15. Unless you already have a mental illness or are predisposed to one (and eventually would've had it anyway) weed is not going to be a serious problem mentally. As long as you realize the difference between use and abuse.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Separating THC from CBD is like separating water from oil. Only way to do that is by adding ethanol and creating a synthetic compound that can be sold as a drug, hence concentrates. Lets break down the chemistry jargon for those who haven't taken inorganic chem class:

Tetra hydra means 4 H20. Cannabidiol or "CBD" is the hydrophobic carboxyl group on the tail end of the molecule. In biological sense this is the oil secreted by the plant or simply the plant sweat pheromone. This is the mildew that the plant uses photosynthesis for creating energy from the sun.

The whole plant itself is used in getting and being high. Extracting just the oil and concentrating it 4-5x its normal potency is what makes a new drug. The entire plant as a whole body species is genetically enabled to function as A living organism. Scientist who manufacture drugs manipulate the cannabis plant oil and sell it off as a drug, despite the fact that the plant itself is the complete answer.

Your body recognizes the plant matter and utilizes every aspect of what goes in, not just parts of it. Big Pharma and Big Petrol have enormous influence and stake in transforming nature into products. Go fucking figure. This is why dabs have been a recent fad.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Good read

18. Interesting you mentioned this.. wouldn't your body get addicted to weed if use on the regular bases like benzos...?
    Say if you just stop smoking cold turkey and have some type of withdrawal.. I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as benzos or other drugs as it's a natural plant

19. Well for my post had nothing to do with addiction but let's put it like this: if you stop taking after long term use (blank- it's against the rules to mention other drugs but u know what u said) you can have seizures and die. You stop smoking weed after daily smoking side effects usually aren't anything more than being a bored, moody, and maybe less commonly having trouble sleeping and possible reduced appetite (personally have only experienced the first two) Anyone that thinks weed withdrawal is a serious struggle hasn't faced a real struggle.

And while yes weed is a plant and is very safe and useful generally there are obviously also perfectly natural plants that can kill you or cause serious harm so I wouldn't really list that as a reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Well you mentioned abuse so that equals addiction... you know what I'm saying?

Agree for your statement...

P.S didn't know this forum had rules...

I'm use to bodybuilding forums;)