High temps in grow tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sachidananda, Dec 12, 2012.

1. I just measured the temps in my grow tent out of curiousity and found that it's nearly 84 degrees in there!

Help! Advice! Expertise!

2. What size is your tent? Power of light? Air cooled? Inline fans? 84 degrees is not to high. So if your are unable to get it lower, I wouldn't really worry about it. I have over 4 years experience in tent growing.

3. #3 sachidananda, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    oh, nice.

it's 5hx3wx21/2d, so not tiny, but not huge.

no inline fan, just a normal fan on the floor next to hole in tent and i leave the top of the front opening open to let out hot air.

i think the main problem is that the bathroom i'm growing in is cutoff in that it has no windows and no real ventilation.

i'm considering getting an inline fan with a heavy duty carbon filter so i can just leave the door to the bathroom open. i say this, because there's no way of cooling off this small room my tent's in without opening it up to the rest of the house.

4. oh yea and my light is a 250w hps

5. yeah u need a good online on your exhaust and let it pull the fresh air in thru the intake. this would solve your problem, which 84 isnt that bad but it easier to control if you try and get it down that way if you have a spike it isnt in the red area.

6. When you get your carbon filter, hang it at the top of your tent so it can pull some hot air out of the tent.

edit: re-read, didnt know you didn't have a fan. maybe you could buy an inline fan and make a DIY carbon filter?

7. I take it the bathroom doesn't have a ceiling exhaust fan because that would work perfect and you could rig up some cheap carbon filter just build a little wood frame slightly larger than the fan take the cover off the fan use a screen on both sides fill it with activated charcoal and screw the frame over the fan if you size it right you can screw it to the ceiling just outside the fan but inside the cover space so you can simply put the cover back on when you move and no visible damage to the ceiling.

8. basically as everyone says... get an exhaust fan

9. amazon has a 80 cfm 4" for cheap and a 6" 240 cfm for 23$ +Free shipping its what im using in my tent grow check it out lol that would suffice. or if your good with wiring and are have alot of spare electronics lemme know. Spare AC adapters for cell phones + old computer fans can usually solve these problems. lemme know what your working with.

10. I 2nd the 6" fan with an appropriate size carbon scrubber. As mentioned place the scrubber with the fan mounted on it at the ceiling and exhause out. If you don't it'll stink your house to high hell and it'll lower the heat as well. Not that the heat is a big problem but it could increase chances of mold in later flowering.