High School To Collect Students’ Hair For Mandatory Drug Testing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jan 31, 2013.

1. #1 Deleted member 472633, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    High School To Collect Students

Fucked up...

2. Something about that whole statement just pisses me off..

3. Yet another thing public schooling does not need to be involved in.

If anyone hasn't been around a metro-high school in the past ...5 years (at most) for any reason you would know there is a skyhigh authoritarian attitude rising amongst school officials and AP's. Your rights are basically little to nothing once you hit those double doors.

That is wrong. Schools abuse children and childrens rights daily - count on that

The problem with this is - the kids don't even know their privacy is being invaded. Most highschools kids I have run into, if it hits conversation - don't know the words "Civil Liberties"

schools are teaching children obedience, follow the leader, your teacher/professor is always right - do not question him or her.

4. At my high school you got piss tested if you were in any club/activity/drove to school.

Randoms as well throughout the year; but hair testing is another beast that shit is not cheap.

5. No problem they will just have the taxpayer pay for it.

6. Woot, those kids will be our fellow brainwashed yuppies in no time.

7. Will ALL employees of that school including the PRINCIPAL be tested as well?
    The students should start a petition for this.
    After all, they have nothing to hide, right?

8. [quote name='"lightnup"']Will ALL employees of that school including the PRINCIPAL be tested as well?
    The students should start a petition for this.
    After all, they have nothing to hide, right?[/quote]

^^^this

Seriously it's ridiculous that most of the staff gets away with it, the people in charge of the kids.

My grandma is in the know in my little city and know half the staff at our school would fail those same test. If not more.

This is just taking it to a whole new level.

9. Seriously? :eek:

This is wrong on so many levels. I would be outright angry if my kid was being randomly drug tested by a public school. It's a violation of their privacy, and with no logical reason to at that. Not to mention the huge amount of money this will take.

10. Fucking humans.

11. As soon as peoples tax's go higher, I bet it will stop

12. Fuckin cunts. A hair test? Seriously?

13. I would refuse a if they tried that at my highschool. Help they could only piss test you if you were in an extracurricular activity.

14. It's pretty ridiculous that I was on an honors path with a course set for calculus until I was caught being high in school which got me expelled and made it so I couldn't take calculus in high school.

Apparently, it's not about the grades; it's about subservience.

If someone can't explain to me what the problem is, I don't listen, and that pisses a lot of people off.

15. It was well known that my AP Economics teacher, my AP English teacher, and my AP Government teacher all smoke tons of pot together after school.

They were awesome teachers especially my government teacher. He introduced me to classical liberal thought. Which I totally rejected at the time lol! He would organize protests on campus, he got into big trouble he when he ripped up the Constitution at one of them saying it was dead. I was videotaping it for the school tv news. The principle wanted him fired for that, but I "lost" the video so she couldn't prove what happened.

16. I feel bad for the kids now, honestly. Life sucks in the schools

17. What does government/public schools have to do with this story? Rockhurst high school is a private, Roman Catholic, Jesuit, preparatory school for boys. It's their choice to go to this school.

Rockhurst High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not that I agree with drug testing in schools by any means...but I think it's safe to say you've misrepresented the story.

18. Sorry not intentionally I assumed it was public. changed the OP.

19. I went to a public highschool near Rockhurst and this is funny. Its a full male school in one of the richest counties in america - Johnson County - so there are TONS of families with money, and their kids at least drink.

Its ironic that their taking hair samples, since drug-related chemicals can stay in hair for years, so giving them 90 days to be clean is a joke. It is also EXTREMELY expensive, which is why you see this private school doing it, all the rich families have the funds.

However it isnt surprising, I still live in Johnson County and its a police state. Undercover cop cars, unmarked cars, a new "Mobile Command Center" which is just a winnebago with POLICE on the side. Oh and because of a new program called "Operation Teen Angel", cops can enter ANY HOUSE without a warrant on suspicion of underage drinking. And its not a sole police car with 2 officers, its SWAT entering your house.

Johnson County sucks, dont move here lol

20. They need to fuck iff