High School Teacher Accidently Fires Gun In Class, Students Injured

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Amy Larson, KSBW

Updated 6:36 am, Wednesday, March 14, 2018

SEASIDE, Calif.
    — A teacher who also serves as a reserve police officer accidentally fired a gun inside a Seaside High School classroom Tuesday, police said, and three students were injured.

Dennis Alexander was teaching a course about gun safety for his Administration of Justice class when his gun went off at 1:20 p.m.

Teachers are not legally allowed to have firearms in California classrooms, even if they have a concealed carry permit.

Alexander, who is a reserve officer for the Sand City Police Department, was pointing his gun at the ceiling when it fired. Pieces of the ceiling fell to the ground.

A press release from the Seaside Police Department said no one suffered "serious injuries." One 17-year-old boy suffered moderate injuries when fragments from the bullet ricocheted off the ceiling and lodged into his neck, the student's father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW.

The teacher had just told the class that he wanted to make sure his gun wasn't loaded, when the gun fired, according to Gonzales.

"It's the craziest thing. It could have been very bad," Gonzales said.

Alexander was about to use the gun for a demonstration for how to disarm someone, according to Gonzales.

Everyone in the classroom was stunned and the teacher apologized. But no one at the school checked to make sure that all of the students were uninjured, Gonzales said.

The school day resumed as normal, and Seaside Police Department officers went to the school to investigate.

The 17-year-old boy's parents were shocked when he returned home from school with blood on his shirt and bullet fragments in his neck. The student's parents rushed him to a hospital for X-rays.

"He's shaken up, but he's going to be OK," Gonzales told KSBW. "I'm just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it."

Alexander was placed on administrative leave from his teaching position at Seaside High School, and he was also placed on administrative leave at the Sand City Police Department.

Sand City Police Chief Brian Ferrante told KSBW, "I have concerns about why he was displaying a loaded firearm in a classroom. We will be looking into that."

Monterey County high school teacher accidentally fires gun in class, students injured

• Like Like x 2
  2. What we need is guns in every classroom <_<.

3. Yeah, but arming teachers is a great idea! Can't even get through a safety demonstration without injuring multiple students. Fuck this shit, and fuck the Cheeto in Chief

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. How the fuck do you accidently discharge a round? I've been shooting for almost 30 years and not a single person I've been around has ever accidently shot a round off. How convenient.

• Like Like x 4

5. It shouldn't happen, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. And these are the people we allow to teach the children

• Like Like x 3
  7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Accidental discharge is very common.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Tell that to all the unwed mothers out there

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wow dude, like you're one to talk. You'd probably teach them solely with memes. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Maybe I should just copy and paste LOL
    Always so quick to attack
    Settle down leroy

• Like Like x 1
  12. What the fuck? No it's not. What kind of idiots do you go shooting with?

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I would venture to say the Op has prob never fired a weapon at all
    From what I seen he certainly has no working knowledge of them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Called it.

Should of made a bet I could've won some money. I said my smoking buddies "Ya know someone's kid will get shot by a teacher just you watch." I hoped I'd be wrong but no I'm not. Okay let fill you in on the context my buddy told me guns would make the classroom safer and I RESPECTFULLY disagree to the fullest extent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Arming teachers works better than I ever expected.
    (In memory of my recently deceased thread)

16. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a false flag to push the anti gun agenda, especially in gun hating Commiefornia.
    What a sad situation when this can actually be plausible knowing the tip of the iceberg of unspeakably despicable things the state is capable of.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You mean copy and paste your memes? lol

18. No most of all you postings

19. So, what's wrong with that?

20. Exactly. What wrong with memes
    They get the point across