High School Student suspended for NOT having drugs!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by RMJL, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Or ... who gives a shit if it was made in '04' ? Either way it's still interesting .

2. #22 trichome., Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009
    Highschools can do whatever they want, and they will always be able to. They can suspend you for smelling like marijuana if they want. I know kids who got suspended for being high, the school claimed red eyes and a high blood pressure was being high. If your caught being high in school or smelling like weed, you can be issued a citation by a police officer, not for breaking any laws but for breaking a school rule. You will also have to go to court if your issued the citation. I'm definitely for legalization and all but having drugs in school will never, never be acceptable to society. So just keep it in your car and park on the street or don't bring it to school, thats a stupid way to get caught. Most people in highschool are under 18 which usually means your going to rehab which would definitly suck ass.

3. I agree with the replies about how unfair it is to the kids. And there is apparently no logic behind the suspension as other people have said A: now he has three days to do as he pleases and B: they are making school a threatening place to be and the school system is even more of an enemy to the kids now.

people need to use their brains and think..

4. Well, it's just old news.

5. lets all terrorize the shit out of every age group of americans now shall we? fuck this shit, i cant believe that this is what the great USA is coming to. soon we're probobly going to be monitored by 100000000000 cameras like england and when that shit happens is when i peace out because even if im not doing anything wrong i dont want to be living under some police microscope

6. hahaha i used to go to this high school!!!!!!!!!

GO NARRAGANSETT!!! fucking assholes.

by the way anyone from 'gansett will agree.
    NARRAGANSETT COPS ARE THE WORST AND MOST STRICT POLICE IN AMERICA

7. Although the OP is from 02-05-2004 if I was a student at that school I can guarantee you I would be sprinkling MJ all over the place...including teachers clothing and the principals office.

8. That is what I was thinking, if you had a little shake and just sprinkled it around everywhere wouldn't that just make the dogs smell it all over and it'd make the search pointless right? I am not sure, dogs seem to be pretty hard to fool but this would be the smell they are trained to look for all over the place.

9. ^^^^^ Yes, if you have touched resin this morning a trained dog will pick up the scent on a door you touched with the same hand the next day.

We are talking traces here, you would need a very little amount to "contaminate" a whole large building.

10. Drug dogs only react to the scent of drugs when directed to. You could walk past a dog with pounds of coke and they won't flinch, but if directed to sniff, say, a backpack with a dirty grinder, they will immediately sit next to it (for their safety, the dogs are trained to not bark or pounce on it, since that could make a bad situation worse.)

11. wtf... whatever happened to prosecuting only with evidence and not with suspicion, i mean sure it smelled like herb, but the person owned the locker couldve had weird smelling food or something in there...jeez

12. That's really messed upp

13. I went to a private school.. cops never set foot on our campus. And I don't think anyone ever had any drugs on them in the first place.

But even so, do they do random alcohol searches? Of all the things to be worry about your kid doing.. smoking some weed is probably at the bottom of the list...

14. Way to bump a year old thread.

15. 6 year old thread o_O

16. No, I'm going by the when the last post was. In this case, a year ago.

17. It seems the `police~dog scare tactics for minor students program` is still working for them...... I remember being accused of drug~use by a dog wielding cop when I was 11 yrs old, too!!!

We have so much in common!! :) :) :) :)

`

18. haha the police at my school use to break in peoples cars that were hot.

19. simple answer. Fake marijuana smoke incense. Or even a skunk that could have been in the area that sprayed somewhere, combined with old gym clothes, it could get overwhelmingly smelly, most lockers with sweaty clothes are. I have had someone ask me if I smoked because my taxi driver had a cig and I was in the back and I smelled like it apparently. Perhaps the person who drove them had a joint, and then you plead the 5th and problem is solved. Then go get a medical card so they cant prosecute you further in the future. :smoking: