high school is fucked up

Discussion in 'General' started by aaaaa8, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Isnt it crazy how your whole future is basically determined by high school. From my experience high school is the time when teenagers make the stupidest decisions, have hormone levels through the roof, get the most depressed, and just generally dont think of conseqences.

High school is generally the toughest time for a person and i think being asked to maintain academic succuess is just to damn hard. i know it can be done but im sure as hell having trouble doing it.

I dont even answer 1/2 my phone calls cause ive done something stupid to that person and i think that they just found out that it was me andthey want to kick my ass.

Maybe im just ranting cause i realize that im a senior and i fucked up my future by doing bad in high school. I know its cliche but if i could do it all over again.....

Community college here i come.

2. so do well in community college and transfer to a good school...a lot of people do it..just gotta stay motivated

3. ^^ thats my game plan. Won't even take me longer. Just a different route.

4. If you're having trouble dealing with high school, take my advice and hang yourself

I'm not saying that to be a dick. I'm just letting you know that high school is like Club Med compared to college, and as someone who's worked full-time real world jobs I can tell you that it doesn't get easier.

You'll never know your friends as well as you did in HS (hell, you grew up with them your entire life), you'll never have as little responsibility...I mean damn...

[​IMG]
    "Stay here. Stay here as long as you can. For the love of God, cherish it. You have to cherish it."

5. Yeah high school is fucked up that's where some people get twisted views and horrible memories and others enjoy their in-crowd status and go off to typical four year universities to probably go through the same ride over again.

But I agree it only gets more complicated after that. You see maybe 2% of the people you knew from high school after you graduate, and after that you're on your own whether you like it or not. If you're lucky you keep in touch with the people that matter and you hopefully have enough social skills to make some new friends wherever you decide to go (school, work). I don't think you get out of it much better than that.

6. its not at i have trouble with it. I just cant seem o force myself to give a shit, when i know i should.

And i hate most of my friends.

7. Heres the answer to this post...

High school is a joke its simply not hard to maintain decent grades in decent classes.....
    They obviously know how much teenagers go through etc. so they developed it that way....

If you dont do any home work and get a 90% or higher on every test you can maintain a C average in most classes....

The only part that sucks is the people who drill that community college is terrible and everyone is to good for it......

If your a bit challenged in the academic part its made so you can do your homework and get decent grades on test because you learn the subject through your homework....

THey provide tutors etc.

morale of the story.... Highschool should not be hard unless you are one of the select few who Try and graduate with honors and go to a great university with a scholarship which i coulda done but the second track i took was my choice...

I would rather of had the GREAT times i had in highschool joking around and maintaining halfway decent grades and go to a Community then transfer to a state university than try and school and miss out on alot of the fun i had.

Or you can play a sport and then its even easier.

8. Now you need a break down of how college is hard or not hard.

The only difference between highschool and college is people and the fact that in highschool you have to go 5 days a week to 7 classes a day and have assignments daily in each one.
    in college you go 2-4 days a week some more some less.... and you have about the same amount of work as you did in highschool in the fact of time to complete the assignments....

SO the problem is people dont go to class or party to hard and there is no one there to stop you....

Life is about decisions and your decisions are what make things like school easy or hard....

WERE ALL WEED SMOKERS HIGHSCHOOL AND COLLEGE SHOULD BE EASY.....

The secret...... Don't smoke weed until you finish your homework........ use it as a reward..... It may seem tough but you will develop the habit and sooner or later you will find yourself doing great and school and you still got yer weeeeeed.

9. haha i smoke like 1-2 times a month so thats not the problem.

10. If you think High School is fucked up, you have many suprises ahead in life.

PS- It gets worse

11. I have a really hard time keeping on track. I try but I fail a lot. I'm very smart, I just despise school. The fact that learning has become second to rules upsets me to no end. I don't learn about math, or chemistry or anything for that matter. I do learn though after listening to a 40 minute speech by a principal being 20 seconds tardy in class means I'll grow up to continue to break all rules and work at a McDonalds. Oh and did I not mention because of that I'll also end up being illiterate? Ooops? Wait, illiterate? WTF am I doing writing this post.

Schools now -a- days are a joke.

12. Community college is fine, a lot of successful people start off there. I'm going straight to a University though, I want to be doing my career as soon as possible!

13. Man lemme tell ya, if you think highschool is hard, then youre gonna get FUCKED afterwards. Highschool isnt shit compared to the real world, especially between college and work. You might as well get used to the bullshit now, cause its only gonna get worse homie.

14. Community college isn't the desolate end of your life. It is a great opportunity for people that made mistakes, or for people that don't have enough money more expensive universities. Some of the best students in university classes that I have known were CC transfers. It is all about how much you put in. If you let yourself believe you will go nowhere, then you will go nowhere.

I also must agree with most posters, high school is a joke compared with college/full time job/real life. I remember playing video games for 6 or 7 hours a day during the school week and had no trouble graduating. Very few cares other than goofing off, Parents providing for me, making meals, giving me clothes, etc. Unfortunately there is a time when we need to grow up and accept responsibility.

On the plus side of moving on, having money is nice, not having parents control your life is nice, not dealing with petty high school cliques is nice.

15. CC is cheap and it's a lot easier, in retrospect I wish I would have spent the first two years of college there.

Highschool is just petty bullshit

16. I hated highschool; it was wasting my valuable time with all the games, but I loved college.
    I quit highschool after 1.5yrs. Worked low-end jobs, then decided I wanted more.
    Got my GED, took all the college entrance exams, and got in.
    I loved college b/c I could study all the things I was interested in, plus a few I didn't, but learned quite a bit in the process. I worked myself up to where I wanted to be, and then studied some more years later.
    It's all a journey. For some, HS is cool, for others not so. Just figure out what you need to do to get where you wanna be, and go for it.

17. I dropped out of high school, I don't regret dropping out but I would give anything to go back in time and do high school over again, especially my sophomore year. My high school years were supposed to be one of the best and most important years of my life, but they weren't as good as they could and should have been. I have one huge regret about high school that to this day I haven't been able to get over, but that's another story.

18. shit dude, 90% of the real world sucks. Full-time jobs, bills, bills, bills, work, bills, back to work. thank god I'm finally goin to college after fucking around for 4 years.

I would go back to high school in a heartbeat. Those were the fuckin' days.

19. lol i think it's time to make new friends man!

20. Your life isn't rined by a poor grade result in HS, dude. Just go to community college and do well.

90% of job apps don't even ask what college you attended.