High School, do you miss it?

Discussion in 'General' started by herbal essence, Dec 3, 2016.

?

Do you miss your time in high school?

1. Yes I miss high school and the times I had

33.3%
  2. No I don't think back to high school much

66.7%
  1. Lately I've been thinking a lot about the past and high school. Some back story, I quit smoking a while ago in order to get my life more straightened out focus more on school and work. A few years went by and things were alright, not the most memorable period of my life. Then I had a break from work and school and decided to smoke a bit for the week, why not right?

Every time I did, I reflected back on high school. I realized that I haven't been very happy the last few years it seems like. When I think back about the last few years, I don't get the warm nostalgic feeling I get when I think about high school, I get a dull, almost empty feeling. I think back to high school and how much fun it was. Starting off as a young naive kid and essentially growing into an adult in those four years. Graduating with a drivers license, a job, freedom, being a legal adult. Meeting all the girls, playing sports and being on a team, joking around in class, so many memories. I think back mainly to my senior year and how much fun my friends and I had. Many of those friends I haven't seen in years, as time went on we went our own ways and drifted apart. But at the time back then we were all together, everyday. Going to the football games and cheering in the stands for your friends out there on the field. Everyone saw each other on campus, joked around in the same classes together, went off to lunch, hung out before/during/after school and smoked while talking about and what we thought the future would bring. It was nothing but excitement back then. Being a senior, hanging out with my friends all the time and doing fun stuff, thinking about graduation and how great life would be once we were fully adults.

There were so many days where I just thought to myself "wow, I'm happy. Life is good." It seems like those days never come anymore. When I think back to all the funny stories I have, they are all from high school. Nothing from the past five years practically. I'm in school now, working, and moving towards my career goals as well so it's not like I've just been doing nothing since then. I hate to think I peaked in high school but I can't help thinking just how much better times were back then.

Everyone is on their own path now and nothing will ever be the same it was. I guess all I can do is focus on the present and be happy we all got to enjoy those days together while they lasted. I know many will agree and many will disagree, what are you're guys thoughts???

2. I dont think about highschool much ,though I do sometimes think about some old highschool friends and wish I would of stayed in touch with a few off them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Get married then you'll have another voice in your head bitching about wanting to be young again. Then have some kiddies and life gets pretty good again.

4. I graduated two years ago and I do miss some moments. I miss how everything was easy and it was just school and sleeping basically and doing whatever you wanted. As for friendships and things like that, I still hang out with some of my best buddies and some I don't sadly, although that's life and I've met tons of new friends in college and feel a lot more depend on myself. Last year tho when I smoked weed i had a nostalgic moment of highschool and it was all I could think about and how I missed opportunities and such

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Screw High school and everyone who i knew. No Regrets

• Like Like x 2
  6. My thoughts are when you get back on the weed make sure it's when your in a positive position or mood. When you get back to smoking when your not in the best place, bad thoughts come to mind. Happened on my t break earlier this year, so i just took another hit lol.

Just be in a possitive mood when you get back on da weed and you'll enjoy it.

About highschool....nothing would have changed. I still hated it then, and do now. No i do not think about highschool. I do not talk to anyone from highschool. I'm never going back to my old school

Most of the kids in my area ended up loosers tho, partly my fault for picking them at the time.

You always want to be with the cool kids, especially when your a "jock", but the smarter thing would to be friends with the science geeks or the math wizzies

7. I miss my time in high school because I spent that time as a delinquent. I was very much aware of how young I was at the time and took advantage of it every time I had the opportunity. I became a chef junior year and worked 50 hours a week but still did great in school since it was so easy. I would have long nights out with friends and never regretted it. I gave so many shits about my friends and I haven't given a shit about anyone else since (3 years later). I used to smoke weed for fun but now I do it for pleasure and now I feel retarded when I smoke socially.

I loved living in the fast lane and I was very social in high school but things changed for the worse.

• Like Like x 1