Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High Resolution Close Up Pictures

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nike is Cool, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Sorry if there is already a thread about this but I couldn't find it after 10 minutes of searching. I don't have a nice camera, I just have a canon powershot SD790iS which I got as a present a couple years ago. I am trying to take some nice close up pics of my bud but of course it's coming out shitty (I hope it's not my bud :p ) Any ideas to get some higher quality pics without buying a new camera?

2. Try setting the camera on something like a tripod or on a table. The hand shaking is multiplied as much as you zoom. And that camera should have a macro option for hi res pics of super zoomed in close objects.

Peace.

3. #3 weedidas, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
    Take pics in sunlight or use a flash and put the camera setting on the Macro (flower icon) mode. Experiment with how close you can get. It's pretty easy. Your camera can focus as close as 1.2" start around there.

Post your pics in the Stash Jar fourm. :)

4. if you want BOMB Macro shots

[​IMG]

you need a cam that has interchangeable lenses and buy a Macro lens. (very simple version)

some point and shoots have a good macro setting but its not the same as a good Macro lens on a good DSLr

hope this helps :)

make sure your cam is on the little flower... that is the universal symbol for Macro

:smoke:

5. Hey mate, good thing a photographer tokes on these forums :)

If an SLR is not an economically viable solution to your poor quality pictures, try a macro option on your camera.

But I suggest finding a magnifying glass to assist you.
    If you have a light table or a glass surface turn it on or place a flash light under neath it and place the weed under the mag. glass (they sometimes have rims that would allow you to place the weed under it while it sits flat on a table.

Place the camera over that touching it to stabilize it and shoot.
    If not, use a LOT of light and this will force your camera to use a higher aperture reading including a faster shutter speed (if you are on automatic, assuming you are).

Then try the above method with the mag. glass.

Get creative and be stable mate.

Good luck.

6. So I made some basic improvements and I am getting some noticeably better pictures but I don't think I can do much better without a DSLR camera, and I have been wanting to invest in one for a while so I might as well :D

Attached Files:

7. I also noticed that when I placed it on my iPod the macro function seemed to detect the nug better than when it was sitting on my desk

8. Yeah it's probably able to pick up on the contrast better and pick out the nug easier.