High Quality Butane For BHO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Addicted2Ganja, May 21, 2010.

1. I just picked up some Xikar purofine butane from my local cigar shop. I was wondering if any of you have used this for making BHO. It says it has near zero impurities in it but I just can't tell if there is an odorant in it( darn allergies have me all stuffed up!). Here is a link to show you what it looks like. XiKAR Triple Filtered Butane Fuel 400ml Vintage Chic Cigar LLC What do you all think? Thanks!

2. hi, that looks okay mate - if it is near zero impurities it should really be fine but to double check just empty some gas over a mirror, if the butane leaves a milky, cloudy residue on the mirror once evaporated then best stay away ;)

3. The commie is right. :p

That stuff looks ok.

Haven't seen a can of butane yet that didn't leave *some* kind of residue on the mirror test, but i think them's the breaks.

I think pretty much all the consumer grade butane has some impurities- it would be prohibitively expensive otherwise.

The good news being that noone seems to have grown any tumors from any impurities in the butane. More weird stuff in everything else we mess with in daily life.

YMMV

4. haha, :D commie or not, it is the way to check any impurities in the butane... lets face facts, nobody should be smoking any impurities with the butane thats going thru their weed, it aint good for the auld lungs - the mirror test is spot on for checking impurities in the gas, if it leaves a residue then stay away:smoking: