High quality basic bong the way to go?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by anatta, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Hey Grasscity! This is my first thread, even though I've been frequenting these forums for information for awhile now. I've been thinking about my first glass piece purchase and I've been debating with myself exactly what I want.

My price range is around $100 but I'm flexible $50 either way. These are the basics of what I'm looking for: thick glass (maybe around 5mm or 7mm...how durable is thinner glass? I'm wondering after a thick glass tube I had broke on the base because it was much thinner than the rest), diffused downstem (I'm not sure of advantages of hole diffusers, slit diffusers, shower head, circular, ect.), and room for lots of ice (it's just become an important smoking ritual for me).

What I'm wondering is whether I should go with a high quality basic bong or maybe something a little cheaper with more features. (I ask because I don't think I've smoked long enough to be a glass snob...yet) For example, I've been looking at the Molino Premium Bong Line and I've been impressed. Here's a link to the one I've been interested in: Molino Premium Bong Line - 7mm - 50cm - Red Logo - English - Grasscity.com

I've also been interested in weed star bongs (mostly because of high feature to price ratio) but after reading some unsettling things about the company I'm thinking maybe I could buy an equally priced high quality bong save for a couple neat tricks. If I were to pick up a weed star it would probably be the single perc Messiahs Illusion: Messias Illusion single perc - 18.8 - English - Grasscity.com

On the higher end, I think Roor is just too overpriced despite its reputation since EHLE is supposed to be among the same ranks. So I was thinking of this setup:
    EHLE 500 ml ice bong
    EHLE Glass - Ice Cylinder Bong (Hexagon Foot) - 500ml - Online Shop
    Along with an EHLE diffuser EHLE Diffuser 18.8 - Online Shop
    for under $100

But the EHLE tube isn't as tall as say the Molino tube which already has a diffuser. And the glass thickness isn't listed for the EHLE while the molino is 7mm. Should I go for the molino over it or is the quality so much better in this particular case?

And advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm pretty open to anything that has the basic features I want in my price range. Thank!

2. go with that molino man. I wouldnt drop too much money on my first piece because I mean it is your first. I remember when bought my first glass it got knocked around a few times because i was clumsy. You dont wanna throw down a lot of money on a piece and have it break in a month.

but thats just my opinion, if you are super careful then go for something around 150 it will be nicer.

Whatever you get, make sure you are happy with it and enjoy tokin up my man!! :smoke:

PS: Welcome to GrassCity!!