High Pressure Aeroponics

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by persianz, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Here we go... HP pump sprays roots for 10 seconds every 5 minutes with a very fine mist through 6 spray heads. The water run off from the container goes back into a cooler reservoir with 4 gallons of water. A small pumps continually mixes the water in the reservoir. The PH and PPM along with Temps are continuously monitored in the reservoir. A small fan is also installed to blow air into the reservoir to keep temps low.

Any feed back or suggestion to fine tune the system is appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dude, holy fuck. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need for a flood/drain table. Can you point me in the right direction?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks good. How long have you been running that? You have light going in the res via the hole for that fan. Between that and the light leak where the probes go in the res you might get some bad growth over time. For the most part you want the res to be pitch black. It also looks like the inside of your res is white so that will tend to magnify any light leak. I'll even use black air and water lines so that light can't cheat and sneak in through the clear tubing.

This guys builds a very excellent example of a homemade flood and drain table on his flower side. I've always wanted to try a setup like it. Flood and drain table build starts about 25 minutes in. The rest of his equipment is pretty outdated but the way he builds the flood and drain setup is pretty slick. Res under the table.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ran it all the way through flowering last year but had real problems with powdery mold during flowering last time so I am going to try again with much more ventilation.

The holes get covered for sure so no light gets in. The growth rate is phenomenal with this system.

What I would like to get is some sort of auto dosing system for PH and then it would be fully automated. PH tends to go up a little once in a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 Advocate4TheMT, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    I like your style !!! As is that thing is gonna produce roots that smell like fresh lettuce. My recommendations? Add a couple air stones to your nutrient reservoir, which will not only keep your water cooler as long as the air pump is placed well, it will oxygenate the hell out of your res and increase the activity with a more erratic movement to be added to your water pumps motion which helps with any stagnation keeping your res much healthier. And get a smaller tub to place inside your aero tub running a hydroponic (you don’t want LED’s on it!!) ultrasonic fogger in plain balanced water. The fogger will turn itself off if the small tubs water got to low for some reason but I would just run it on a timer for 15 min per hour or as much as you can depending your set up. I find shorter bursts work well because the water temp that it sits in rises when ran constantly. And you always want a cool root zone. Adding the next smallest micron from HP aero and running them together will make that tub go fucking crazy!!! And to get the parts mentioned shouldn’t cost more than 50 bucks tops. Also grab a small Oscillating fan to keep air flow over the top of your net pots you wanna keep that area cool. When you grow perfect root systems the plant will work for the rest. Soon when your lights click on you’ll see those girls leaves reach for the light. Literally.

3 weeks into veg.
    [​IMG]

4 weeks
    [​IMG]

6 weeks
    [​IMG]

6. And to the ones mentioning food and drain. It’s so simple and cheap to set up. And the system has been tried and true for a long time! Flood and drain will produce lovely ladies every time when dialed in!!! You don’t need an elaborate set up to go hydro !!!!

7. I have a friend that is like a growing mad scientist always changing his set up. He has made electrolysis screens instead of air pumps for oxygenation. He has used combo fogponic flood and drain setups. High pressure aeroponics. His new setup is flood and drain with 6 inch rockwool cubes inside of the containers but basically light container dwc. It's doing better than any of his previous setups. He totally gave up on fogponics. You can't get some of the heavy parts of the nutrient solution to atomize. That's why he had to combine it with a flood and drain.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I put the ultrasonic in water with no nutes in its own little bin. Fog is always an add on for any system but only with water. And when I do my aero I keep the res in the bucket and top off when necessary. Therefore my air stones and fogger are all in the same tub as the aero pump which I custom build the manifold depending on bin. So basically an aero system that sits and draws its water from a DWC system . With a fogger that only uses ph’d water. Lol. But your buddy is right!!! It’s fun to dial in dope systems and try new setups when mechanically inclined for me that’s a lot of the fun. Some fail miserably some produce ehh. Some end up gangster as fuck!! But even the most gangster kisses the ring of flood and drain sense it’s the real OG cause it always gets the job done right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I like you flavor, I will add an air pump with air stones to the mix. I think it would be beneficial indeed. The whole fogging idea is a little overboard I believe. I never found them that beneficial and just another thing to have to manage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. That’s the beauty of art there’s no rules we. do what works for us. Good luck my friend take care of your girls !!

Keep it cloudy!