High Ph Or Low Ph?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rhinodank, May 24, 2013.

1. Noticed yellowing in my new leaves. Normal? Not sure what to do.

Attached Files:

2. Well, fella... I had thought you were told in the other thread what to do. Sound advice not heeded, then another thread, doesn't make sense. If your waiting on flushing your plant, it'll only worsen over time. You don't need distilled water, simply flush with pd'd tap water and get you ph right, it's that simple.

3. Will do. And I was just trying to see what other people thought as well haha. Wanted to be 100% sure so I wouldn't mess anything up lol. I also heard regular tap had a lot of chlorine in it so that's why I boil it haha. I never use distilled but I would've thought it'd be better then the water I'm using now, right? Also just to clear things up, if I have a 7+ ph reading coming from my runoff, does that mean I need to be adding lower than 6.5 water? I never flushed before so I'm just a lil worried I'll fuck up.

4. I believe  u want to flush with 6.5 till ur runoff is 6.5.

That's correct, theoretically, but it would take a lot to lower the ph to 6.5, possibly 40/50 gallons which can be unrealistic it seems but the Buds get themselves dug into this pit so I'm going to give Rhinodank a bit of radical advice, take it for what it's worth. With this you'll need some ph down... you plant is not in bad shape but will deteriorate over time so watch your plants tops and don't allow them to turn yellowish white before you get this done, and as a favor I'll include a link to a dude on ebay that will have the commercial ph down to you in two days if you live in the states, at a price of $14.95 and free shipping for a little over two pounds. Now, if you don't get the ph down there's no use in me even attempting to explain this method... what say you?

6. That's correct, theoretically, but it would take a lot to lower the ph to 6.5, possibly 40/50 gallons which can be unrealistic it seems but the Buds get themselves dug into this pit so I'm going to give Rhinodank a bit of radical advice, take it for what it's worth. With this you'll need some ph down... you plant is not in bad shape but will deteriorate over time so watch your plants tops and don't allow them to turn yellowish white before you get this done, and as a favor I'll include a link to a dude on ebay that will have the commercial ph down to you in two days if you live in the states, at a price of $14.95 and free shipping for a little over two pounds. Now, if you don't get the ph down there's no use in me even attempting to explain this method... what say you?
    </blockquote>
    I already have the ph down haha I just need to know how to use it correctly! i.e how much in a gallon of water. Just not exactly sure how to use it.

Is it powder?

8. Is it powder?
    </blockquote>
    Ok so I found out my ph runoff level was too low... It's at about 5.8 and I've been using ph down on my tap water and got it down to 6.5(I've used AT LEAST 10 gallons on my 5 gal pot) here's the problem: no matter now much ph'd water I give her her run off keeps staying at 5.8! I'm scared to add more water because I don't wanna over water her:/ what is my problem??? Why isn't flushing putting my runoff to 6.5???HELP!!

9. #9 mmman, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    I don't understand, in the other thread you said your run-off ph was 7.2... at 5.8 you'll be missing P, Ca, and Mg in nutrient uptake.

10. Ok tbh at that time I didn't know what the ph was... I was being stupid because I thought I was gonna have the supplies and I didn't. Blaaahhh. My bad bro.. Anways, I got it up to 6.0 but nothing farther than that. I had to give her 10-15 gallons of 6.5 just to get her to 6.0(Wtf right?) But the hydroponic guy gave me a free magnesium nutrient to add into my feeding. Here's a pic of that. So what do I have to do to get it to 6.5??thanks again man I really appreciate it.

11. [quote data-cid='18117504' name='Rhinodank' timestamp='1369532707' post='18117504'][quote data-cid='18117434' name='mmman' timestamp='1369531470']I don't understand, in the other thread you said your run-off ph was 7.2... at 5.8 you'll be missing P, Ca, and Mg in nutrient uptake.
    [/quote]

Ok tbh at that time I didn't know what the ph was... I was being stupid because I thought I was gonna have the supplies and I didn't. Blaaahhh. My bad bro.. Anways, I got it up to 6.0 but nothing farther than that. I had to give her 10-15 gallons of 6.5 just to get her to 6.0(Wtf right?) But the hydroponic guy gave me a free magnesium nutrient to add into my feeding. Here's a pic of that. So what do I have to do to get it to 6.5??thanks again man I really appreciate it.

Attached Files:

12. Why don't you replant into fresh soil?

Nutrient uptake of Mg will be missing and unavailable, and those nutes appear to be for flowering.

14. Nutrient uptake of Mg will be missing and unavailable, and those nutes appear to be for flowering.
    </blockquote>
    Wait so your saying since I had to flush so much I drained my soils magnesium resources?? And will replanting fix all my problems?? Also, since my local tap water is at 7.4 and MJ likes water at 6.5 does that mean every watering I need to use that acidic ph down stuff EVERYTIME I water?? I just want to know how to prevent this from happening again lol

15. I confused how this whole runoff thing works. Since I added Gallons of 6.5 water and the runoff is THE SAME water, how does the runoff water change acidity?? and how can you diagnose the deficiency according to the number??

16. I'm trying to ascertain whether you have ph'd properly, are you sure your run-off was 6?

17. The farthest I got it to was 6.1 and I refuse to water it more lol. I'm not putting anymore water containing that acid haha. What are my options?

18. #19 Rhinodank, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    Gotcha. Just gonna do that lol. Could my ph meter be screwed up? Also what do I do about my tap water's ph issue?

19. Don't know about the meter, you'll have to ascertain that for yourself, and ph your water down to 6.3 and water replant.