High Humidity during Flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gonnagrow, Oct 2, 2004.

1. As most of you know, I have a flower room with a dirt floor that actually has dried out very well. There is still residual water in an adjoining room I'm going to be pumping out later this evening. I patched outside the room's roof so no more water will be getting in (very little now at least and will evaporate I'm sure).

The humidity started out about 85% and now I have managed to work it down to about 74% at best. Is this going to decrease the production of hairs/buds on the plant? I know I run the risk of mold at such high humidity so I'm doing all I can to get it within a manageable range.

Sadly I do not have the cash for a dehumidifier at this point, but may have to move the basement unit into flower room during eves after I get room 2 pumped out. Will also be sealing/painting the walls white very soon to help as well.

Thanks in advance for any help/replies.

Gg

2. Bump LOL. I also noticed today as the soil is drying out before next water, there is a tiny bit of mold on the surface of the soil on a couple plants /cry.

May need to work on this room very soon as not to mess this grow up. Needs to be repumped, cleaned and sealed if possible uggh. Adding a heater soon and may dehumidify during light on time (stealing the basement unit 12 hours a day lol).

Gg

3. i would say around 55% humidity would be optimal till you get to the final couple weeks of flowering.. then drop the humidity to gain resin.. yummy.. your humidity sounds pretty darn high.. good luck :D

4. yeah i'd say you gotta get that down to about 50% to have a chance..........i go with about 30-40%, that's a hard one you got there, have you thought of hiring a dehumidifier?..........they cost like £5 a day to hire here, don't know how much thete though.......good luck..........or if temps are allready low a heater, will help with the drying, as long as the temps are o.k........Peace out..............Sid

5. HIGH All, better ventilation and fans will help lower it...

6. Thank you all for the help. I have one floor fan blowing on the plants for heat control/stem strengthening, one 265 cfm fan as exhaust for the light heat. The air circulates well it's just wet arrgh.

Gg