High @ Homeless Shelter

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by addae, Mar 14, 2010.

1. So I stayed up all night on an adventure with my friends yesterday, all the while consuming impressive amounts of cannabis, and was tired as shit this morning. Somehow though, one thing led to another and I ended up at home only to be carted off to volunteer at this homeless shelter for a couple hours. I did it with my church, so I was a little paranoid around all the soccer-mom types who had also volunteered, since I was still plenty buzzed, and tried to stay quiet, but that all became unnecessary once I actually got around the homeless folk, who I could have cared less about embarrassing myself in front of.

Man, the first person I remember walking through the door was wearing ski boots and a turban, and, being in an altered state of mind, it was just about the funniest shit I had ever seen, although I kept quiet and just gave him his food. From there It turned out that homeless people are one of the most interesting and diverse sectors of the population: I saw guys walk in wearing suits, army fatigues, sports uniforms; all of them very gracious and smiling, save a few nut jobs. What's more, I had had an interesting experience being able to read people's personalities the night before under the influence of pot, and it just took off while I was serving all the homeless types. Whether it was a figment of my imagination or not, I was inventing the backstory to every person I meant and silently pitying them for their misfortune, or condemning them for their stupidity. It became just the most bizarre mental game!

In short, being high at the homeless shelter rules. Anyone else got fun weed-related volunteering stories?

2. I have no stories myself, but sounds fun man :)

When I'm high, I always try to read people/their personalities, than again I do this when i'm sober tooo...

3. Ive actually done stuff like that when i was high, but in a different fashion. Like have you ever just watched someone or looked at something under the influence of pot, and just seen it as fake? I usually always find or see the flaws in something when i'm high.

I don't know if its the same for everyone though.

4. Like when you're listening to someone and you can see right through them? Theres this kid I know and whenever he talks I blank out into my own world of, "Does he think I'm listening to any of this shit? Is he retarded or fucking stupid?"

5. I think your rather ignorant...since when is it cool to be all high and mighty towards those less fortunate...it seems like your mental entertainment was a bit foul...one day the shoe just might be on the other foot and someone could be laughin at you and your wack ass family coming thru the door having some mental entertainment!!! Its guys like you I punch in the mouth!!

6. dude i dont think he was trying to make fun of them...
    he never said anything about being rude, or even looking down upon any of them.

and yeah, i usually do the same when im blazed, i always seem to be able to see right through people, and just figure them out :smoking:

7. It really adds to the environment of Grass City when people get on here stoned and type in all bold.

Thanks dude.

8. Yeah, i usually feel like i can tell when someones lying more when i'm high, even though i probably can't.

9. haha i do this too, even sober sometimes

but yea i always feel like i notice alot more about strangers when im high than usual

10. Dude, Fuck you.
    Quit being a 'net thug with the keyboard.

11. EXACTLY

I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

12. I've had to do community service and I did it high all the time.

But man fuck the homeless seriously there lazy.
    [​IMG]

13. Well there are good reasons and bad reasons for volunteering at a homeless shelter. In my case I really just wanted to hang out with this one girl, which didn't end up happening.

However, homeless people aren't really all that bad, when in a controlled environment. Yknow, this is a stoner forum, so making fun of people for being lazy is like insulting the way most people behave when they get high. SHit, it's a way of life. Besides, I believe in giving every person their due; if you're going to let someone's past flaws interfere with the way you interact with them, it doesnt make much sense for you to continue living as a member of the human species.