Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High Driving

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by FlowerChild67, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Hey GC. So I've always had no trouble driving while high. It was actually something I enjoyed doing. But within the last month or so, whenever I'm high I find it a lot harder to drive, to the point where I would rather not do it. Like it's a lot harder for me to concentrate pretty much. The amount I'm smoking hasn't changed either. This is strange for me and I don't really know what's going on.
    Anyone experience something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Occasionally when I drive high I notice I am driving impaired, but this doesn't happen very often.  I can be stoned out of my mind and still be a perfectly safe driver even at night. 

I'm pretty good at drunk driving too, never been caught for either. 

3. While its very safe to drive while stoned, it also can be very dangerous. Its same as like you are sleepy, sometimes your motoric skills are dull and cant drive properly.
    Stay safe all the time, if you think driving stoned is bad for you, dont drive stoned. Do some sobriety break. It also gonna bust your marijuana tolerance. Its great. Try it.

4. so many crazies on the roads, gotta have some weed. and as far as safety, i've never had an issue.

5. Lol you're about to get shit on for saying you drive drunk.

My personal opinion is that either are fine as long as you're not super high or super drunk. I drive high but I'm definitely not as safe as if I was sober. I still think I'm a fine driver though.

As for drunk driving, I would never do it and I almost got killed by a drunk driver. Although he was obviously shitfaced its still not good. I'd say never drive with more than like 1 and a half or 2 times the legal limit.

6. Even though I think it is relatively safe to drive high, I would be very concerned if I knew their was someone high driving around me.

7. I've had my share of close calls when my boys and I would go burn cruising up at college. 

Now if I'm burn cruising I'm driving by myself or I'm a passenger.

8. I think the general idea of a person driving high while stoned has to do with the specific individual, as there certainly can be those who when they drive high, are reckless. Luckily for myself I can contest that I am an especially good driver while stoned and even at times consider myself to be  a better driver when I'm stoned compared to when i'm sober. 

If it was me and I was finding it suddenly becoming hard to drive while stoned, I'd take a break from smoking all together. A week or two tops since it's still something that allows your body to get back into shape for smoking pot, hopefully allowing you to drive while high with ease. 

9. #9 Huey_Freeman, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    I love driving high. It's tits.

Definitely don't have anything illegal on me if I'm driving high other than a blunt or joint for the ride which can easily be tossed or eaten if need be.

I had a nice long response typed out but my Fucking browser crashed or something so yea Ive crashed high before when i was wayhigh and shouldn't have been driving....... That was awhile ago but be smart........ If you're bad driver sober you'll be a bad driver high

10. I just drove high the other day for the first time ever. I even drove by a cop like a BOSS and I made it all the way home (20 min. drive) I am probably never doing it again though haha.

11. I don't care what people say, I'm against people using a 3500 pound weapon while intoxicated.

12. I hate driving high, its a real buzz killington. a 5 min drive will turn me pretty much sober. I can drive perfectly fine high, probly better than when I'm sober, its just a waste.

13. #13 Huey_Freeman, Nov 21, 2013
    You're cray mane. Music & driving high is pure bliss. In the summer it's the best window down AC up. In the winter it's awesometoo with the heat on and especially if you got heated seats like I gotmmm.. keep my buns nice n toasty. Gotta be careful in the winter and gotta have a car that is winter worthy... Depending where you live.... Midwest winters are brutal so I got me an all wheel drive it's great.... Anyway I'm ranting but yea I Fucking love driving high it's one of my favorite pasttimes. So many memories. I love long drives too... And like I said gotta have a playlist and good speakers so you're eyes are on the road and you're not Fucking with the radio every two seconds.

I'm actually a better driver when I got a lil chill high cause I really get into the feel of the car and I'm much more cautious and I don't have road rage. But yea get too high and that's no good to be driving... I can drive perfect off of bowls, joints, and especially blunts ... And vapes ... Driving vaped isn't as fun... But I got a lot of experience driving high off the first three I mentioned. Driving vaped is boring.... I can't drive as well after bongs because bongs are not my usual method of toking therefore they get me extra buttered.

Blunt cruising is GOAT

heres the thing, if I get high then drive, my high dies. if I get high while driving, its usually ok. but its only been this way for the past year or 2, before that it wouldnt affect me either way.

15. Risking other peoples life. Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #16 Huey_Freeman, Nov 21, 2013
    To whoever mentioned drunk driving, shits no joke. I FUCKED up my old car because of driving drunk. It was bad. I was really Fucking drunk.. and it was pouring down rain. Not my proudest moment. It was bad.

Honestly I have driven drunk since then because I'm a Fucking idiot. It's really a bad idea. Seriously though the first accident I had drunk which o mentioned previously was bad. So bad. Driving after a beer or two (depending on the %, there's some strong craft beers) is not good but it's usually no biggie. Driving drunk is down right selfish. Like I said though I'm a hypocrite... But please don't drive drunk. Derailing the thread with my preaching but forreal... You may not get caught or crash the first time, or maybe even the second or third time... But It will catch up with you... And when it does it will come down harder than a pregnant lady on roller skates.

17. #17 ZombieKush, Nov 21, 2013
    i cant drive high did it once and it was like fucking star wars man, shit was flying by me WTF was that are those the other cars? why are they going so fast? than i look down at my speedo and im doing 20km/hr in a 50km everyone was honking and passing me. im never driving high again

18. I also love to drive high but not stoned. maybe a little body high , but Sativa is best for driving. Indica impairs you way more. don't drive on indica , and don't drive on sativa if you have a low tolerance. got to have a high tolerence to drive. i think i drive better when im a bit high. im alot slower lol  :smoke:
    don't smoke when driving or you might get busted. do it before you drive and make sure it don't reek in your car. smoke a american spirit cigarette or something  :metal: Try blasting your music while driving a bit buzzed , it's great.

19. Also drive on side road's not main roads or highway's. highway's make me nervous as shit when im high , to many cars buzzin around me to fast. side road's are so chill. follow all road rules is a must , never know where the 5-0 is hiding. 

20. Normally when I drive high I drive better I do drive faster though and more aggressive though but I get told by a lot of people they trust my driving more than anybody else

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum