high cholesterol?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by fruitality, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Ya, that's what I was reading. I'm still living at home so whatever is here to eat I eat. Don't ever really have much chicken since my father doesn't like it. But hell I would rather like to eat chicken more than beef.

2. it's all b.s.

"Notice please that LDL and HDL are lipoproteins -- fats combined with proteins. There is only one cholesterol. There is no such thing as "good" or "bad" cholesterol.
    Cholesterol is just cholesterol.
    It combines with other fats and proteins to be carried through the bloodstream, since fat and our watery blood do not mix very well.
    Fatty substances therefore must be shuttled to and from our tissues and cells using proteins. LDL and HDL are forms of proteins and are far from being just cholesterol.
    In fact we now know there are many types of these fat and protein particles. LDL particles come in many sizes and large LDL particles are not a problem. Only the so-called small dense LDL particles can potentially be a problem, because they can squeeze through the lining of the arteries and if they oxidize, otherwise known as turning rancid, they can cause damage and inflammation.
    Thus, you might say that there is "good LDL" and "bad LDL."
    Also, some HDL particles are better than others. Knowing just your total cholesterol tells you very little. Even knowing your LDL and HDL levels will not tell you very much."
    \nhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/the-cholesterol-myth-that_b_676817.html

the build up is caused by damage and inflammation of the arteries, which seem to come directly from our "low fat" (there are good fats). high-sugar, high-chemical diet. if you control inflammation and reduce damage you shouldn't worry about your cholesterol as most docs would have you believe.  

http://www.sott.net/article/242516-Heart-surgeon-speaks-out-on-what-really-causes-heart-disease

4. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392404326.059471.jpg

Cholesterol says..

Looks like another reason to sell us something that Big Pharma wants us to believe. Thanks..

"LOL GAIZ I intentionally eat saturated fat and high cholesterol foods.  My doctor says I have high cholesterol. He/she also said to lower my red meat intake but I will ignore that advice. So what is going on here what is wrong with me?"

That is you.  You are an idiot.  I will fuck off now.  Bye.   Have fun clenching for your life when your heart fails.

7. #28 yurigadaisukida, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    Eat less sodium and sugar

Cholesterol is a biological response to damaged arteries. Damage is usually caused by sodium and high blood sugar. Alchohol is bad as well

The ammount of cholesterol you eat has nothing to do with cholesterol levels.

You should watch the documentary "the big fat fiasco" it goes in depth on the subject

Id like to point out that the french actually consume triple the cholesterol of americans, and have 1/3rd the rate of heart diseases
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Red meat doesnt cauae cholesterol. The doctor.is wrong.

The AMA is a joke and there was a big controversy over it.

Its sad that doctors still follow that status quoa.

9. #30 nascarfan, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    Ehhhhhhh the most current studies suggest that dietary cholesterol intake has little to no impact on blood cholesterol levels. So cutting out the red meat isn't really going to help. You can blame mom and pops for the cholesterol level; it's hereditary.

But not to fret, high cholesterol means nothing anyway. It doesn't do anything to your arteries. The proteins that carry them do. But only a specific sort (we have several sorts, the worrying ones are very small and dense), but if and only if you already have risk factors like oxidation or inflammation. You see, the proteins that cause plaques, don't just coagulate in your blood vessels like you see on those stupid Statin commercials. They have to push past the cell wall in order to form plaques; but they can't do that if you have healthy arteries.

And then there are certain foods you can eat that may reduce your levels of bad proteins that may cause plaques, and the risk of heart problems over all. First and foremost, try to cut out any unnecessary refined, processed sugar and carbohydrates because that's what our bodies build the specific proteins out of. Also reduce sodium intake, as it can be damaging to arteries. But, I think the two most important things you can do is to not smoke (cigarettes) and be fairly active. This will help protect you against significant oxidation and inflammation. There are other things too....but I don't have a comprehensive list of them, sorry >_<

i told you to fuck off but you are still posting

are you gay for me? because i don't do that stuff.

ive heard that stuff before and it's very convincing, and delicious, which is why i eat so much meat now.

but there are studies that show higher rates of CVD in group with high sf diet

12. #33 yurigadaisukida, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    Do people who eat a high fat diet not also eat lots of carbs? The findings are a little skewed.

Typically if you eat a hsf diet, you are talking about pizza, burgers, hot dogs, soda. Not a healthy natural diet rich in animal proteins. (Keep in mind a natural hunter gatherer diet would eat more lean meat and not fattened up cows and pigs)

I havnt seen a study that actually.seperates fresh red meat eaters from burger and beer people.

Did you watch the doccumentary i recommended? It talks about how the dietary science is flawed. It is difficult to do a realistic dietary study on humans. Also it talks aboit how the french eat triple americas ammount of aninal fat, and butter, but have 1/3 rates of heart disease.

I read a study done by the university of cambridge that claimed that red meat increases mortality by 20%. But if you actually read the study, and not their interpretation of it, you find that "red meat eaters" included things like spam and bacon. It also showed that red meat eaters are also more likely to smoke and drink and be lethargic. Health concious people typically eat more fish and less red meat.

The study failed to actually show a corilation between red meat and mortality. It simply showed that if you smoke drink and eat.pizza, ypu will die.

13. Smoke, drink, and eat PIZZZZZZZAAAAAA :metal:  :metal:  :metal: