High CBD strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Kelsey Grammer, May 4, 2013.

1. #21 patmonk, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    I'm a 'newbie' greybeard, started toking in the '50's back in England, mostly Hash and "O", weed being to bulky to get through Her Majesty's Customs (I understand she had some naughty one's back then), also sampled some of the original Owsley. Bogarted many elbows after coming to the colonies in the '70's. About 20 years ago I began developing severe psych reactions and haven't smoked since.
    I'm a semi-retired Hospice RN, medical reasons, and have witnessed the wonderful benefits marijuana has brought to many of my patients over the years. I'm convinced it has the potential to revolutionise our medical approach to many diseases, we just need to find a way to prevent BigPharma and the Medical-Industrial Complex from establishing a complete monopoly and delivering marginally effective medications. Like many I'm now suffering from what I call DDDM -"Decades of Denial and Deferred Maintenance", or OFD -"Old Fart's Disease". 5 year Cancer survivor; Lumbo-Sacral Spinal surgery, with more to look forward to; Left side Carpal Tunnel surgery with irreversible nerve damage, scheduled to have the right one done soon but spaced them out as I needed to keep one hand functional for nasal excavation. My primary interest is in medical not recreational use, though it might be pleasant at some point to get a little buzz on again. I'm sure that many of the young-uns here still believe they're immortal; like we did and sometimes still do; but I imagine you agree we can disabuse them of that fantasy, it's just another illusion, time has no mercy. I also suffer from many of the afflictions that age is heir to. I'm researching how regular marijuana use may not only relieve my chronic pains and disabilities, but also be used for what I call MMMMM, or the 5M's - "Marijuana Maintenance for Mundane Medical Malfunctions". There are many folks out there who have dedicated themselves to exploring the possibilities; the science, chemistry, biology, agronomy etc.  is way above my pay grade but I'm slowly picking up bits and pieces of knowledge here and there through repetitive reading and osmosis. If we finally started objectively researching the potential of this weed that grows wild, maybe those same young-uns will be able to truly enjoy their "golden years" without having them tarnished by preventable and treatable pains in the fucking arse and elsewhere. When that happens it will be the folks who are now working 'under the table' that we will have to thank. Thank you.
    What?...oh right, you had a question, yeah I do ramble on don't I - sorry, don't have an answer (.<).
    What have I learned so far, not much maybe, but for 'medicinal use' this is it in a nutshell. Oils, tinctures, topicals, edibles may be as or more effective than other methods. Vaping is far better than smoking. Indica's or select Hybrids over Sativa's. High CBD-Low THC, though I'm now reading you may want something closer to 50/50?. And as an old nurse, start low-go slow and first do no harm. I'm sure you'll have no problem springing for what I understand to the current state of the art vaporiser "The Volcano", but due to severe financial hardship I've just ordered an MFLB.
    I'm hoping to be up to going to a Cannabis & Hemp Expo in Burlingame this weekend, I will be picking as many brains as possible for suggested strains. Happy to share - later.
    Patrick Monk.RN. Noe Valley. SF. Ca.

2. #22 sourgrapeskunk, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    IMO @[member="mmmbongo"], you should try and source some Lab tested ultra high CBD meds Like Cannatonic X, the batch I tried was lab tested 21% CBD 1% THC. otherwise you are not getting the true High CBD feeling. Completely different than any other High CBD bud I have ever smoked. I'm not saying that other High CBD weed is not good, but for the sake of knowing what you need out of your medication you gotta try it.
    And as I have said before I love my 1:1 thc/cbd and my 2:1s

@[member="patmonk"] Welcome to the forums!

3. Welcome. Remove all vestiges of your real name and place. Trust me, edit and remove it.

4. Not sure if you're still around, but I'm growing a CBD Crew Shark right now. I bought a 5 pack, and plan to grow the rest in the fall, but because of all the other strains I seem to find myself growing I only had room for the one this time. Didn't want to wait ;)

Just flipped to 12/12, so it'll be awhile, but if you want to follow along the link to my journal is in my sig ;)

5. Keep an eye on Rare Dankness seeds. Especially if you don't live in a medi state with readily available clones...

They already put out a Blue OX (described as a high-cbd Bubba backcross with some oldschool berry lineage). And I think they are working on a cross of the Sour Tsunami and Cataract Kush (with a working title of the Sour Catty) that I saw in one of their vids on the RiverRockTV channel on youtube. Not sure if it's RD or people they're associated with, but regardless, that medicine would be a serious benefit to the community.

6. There is a strain that collective grower has called AC/DC thats tested 19% CBD to 1% THC. Topshelfgardens.com

ACDC has a true 20:1 ratio of CBD:THC. Lab tests were 19% CBD and 0.9% THC. This medicine is very rich in CBD, and, it will NOT get you high. This is an advantage for people that need to work, drive, take care of kids or just do not like being altered. It is a good medicine for people with pain, nerve damage, tremors, high anxiety or paranoia. ACDC is beneficial for all types of cancer.

CBD Rich Strains

If you're looking for the latest advances in medical cannabis, then you need to know about CBD rich strains. CBD is short for Cannabidiol. It is one of the many cannabinoids that make up the medicine's active healing properties. In order to qualify as "CBD Rich", the product must have more than 4% CBD. Research has identified CBD as the main ingredient responsible for inhibiting the growth of cancer cells. In addition, CBD shrinks tumors and inflammation. CBD is also good for reducing pain and helps with insomnia. It has significant analgesic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduction in anxiety and stress.

All strains that are CBD Rich, have a lower THC content. THC is the ingredient that makes one feel "high" or "Stoned". CBD acts to mitigate the "High" of the THC. For this reason, most recreational strains have been bred to reduce the CBD content. As science delves deeper into the therapeutic properties of cannabis, CBD is proving to be the most significant player in the art of healing. Many of our members have requested CBD rich products. In response, we have searched far and wide for the best strains.

Information on CBD can be found at: www.projectCBD.org

AC/DC - The ultimate CBD medicine

This strain was recently developed from a cross of Canna Tonic and Ruderalis parents. It is the ultimate super rich CBD medicine. It is a 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid. Its lab tests have a content of 19% CBD and .9% THC. This is extremely rare to have such high CBD combined with extremely low THC, making this strain virtually "THC Free".

ACDC has a fresh pine scent and the flowers have lots of sticky resin glands (trichromes). It is especially beneficial for cancer, shrinking tumors, inflammation, pain, and associated aliments. Because it has a very low THC value, it is good for people that have issues with anxiety, nerve tremors, epilepsy and paranoia. The high CBD gives it anti-psychotic properties. So, it is very good for people that need to work, drive and function in the world, and still be able to use the medicine.

7. KG,
        We didn't start out on the right footing, but that doesn't mean I am going to be a jerk and I give you the same chance to be civil.
        I found just the strain you are looking for.
        THC 6.67% CBD 8.81%
        No, that is not a misprint or a mistype. CBD 8.81% THC 6.67%

Hello Ireland. Are you listening?

8. Oh, and KG, the seedbank does deliver to Ireland.

9. Contact israeli goverment to get in contact with their marijuana scientists ^^
    They are working on a 0%thc high cbd strain :]

S4 + Taptalk = Stonerific

Shouldn't you edit your quote then as well?

11. #31 StonerNack, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  12. Pretty sure medicann is just another G13,dinafem,WoS.

Aka they buy seeds and rename em. No breeding happens, so id question everything else.

13. I grow swiss gold itz 3.8thc and 7.3 cbd. Very nice relaxing and calming effect with it its nice and does great fofor pain relief.

14. New CBD stuff from Bodhi coming very soon as freebies....Any excuse to buy his stuff is a good one.  You can pick up anything and it'll be amazing.  Here's his CBD project so far:

"cbd rich:
    three lab tested cbd rich males from the f1 grow of good medicine, pollen mixed and applied to make these:

harlequin x good medicine
    ac/dc (21 to 1 cbd super plant) x good medicine
    good medicine x x good medicine
    omrita rx (cbd rich canadian line) x good medicine
    herijuana x good medicine
    nepali og x good medicine"