Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High becomes a mood

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by chille, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Alright. I'd like to know if anyone else feels like this.

When I first started smoking I would get ridiculously high. Like laugh for 30 minute time periods, be confused as hell for hours, and eat more than any human being should be capable of. You know, the good stuff.

Now being an experienced smoker I had a friend explain it to me the best. Getting high just becomes like changing moods. Every time I start to get high my body is just like "oh, i'm high" and it's just like a mood or mindset change. Nothing different than changing from happy to sad or from mad to happy. Not saying that it's a bad thing, it's always a good mood, but does anyone else feel like this?

2. I always feel that highs and moods are separate, I can be really pissed off or sad and i'll just be really pissed off or sad while being high.

It never really changes my mood drastically, although it's nice at the end of a long day.

3. I know what you mean, after smoking for a while, being high isnt like when you first started. It's more just like "ok im high, cool." Well kind of for me theres not much difference between being high and sober at this point. When im sober, i still act like i do if i was high at the time, and when i'm high i act the same as when sober, but it could be that i have trained myself so much to never look high or act out of the normal that i forget what it feels like to be high.

4. Interesting... I find that I'm at that same point, where It's just like "Sweet I'm high". I normally get a nice happy/mellowed out mood boost (especially if I'm smoking a Sativa dominant hybrid or pure Sativa) but like you said It's not the most insane experience ever anymore. Things are still funnier, way more interesting and there's an overall "enhanced" feeling to all experiences (more or less) but It's never out of control. I think because once you've smoked long enough you just learn to control the high, that and tolerance.

5. Took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more.

6. Getting high chills my mood. Especially when my girl gives me shit. Iv never noticed my moods change when I get high though, only just chills me down.

Gramma Check Plz xD?

7. #7 Hazy Ghost, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    Well yeah. That's how it is for everybody. It's called THC tolerance. Overtime, you get accustomed to getting high. The first couple of times you smoke, it's absolutely amazing because it's something your brain isnt used to. It's something totally new to your brain. But after a while, your brain gets used to the drug and its affects and so it learns to control it. And like Ryubusa said, you learn to control the high. When I first started smoking, I could barely walk or function to say the least. I couldn't even walk down my stairs to get food and drinks so I would always create a stache of food and water before I got high so I wouldn't have to worry about. Now, I go out in public all the time high. I've gone shopping high, gone to school high, gone to friend's houses high, etc. You learn how to do things high over time. That's just how it is. The same goes for smoking tobacco. First time tobacco users feel a "buzz" from nicotine but eventually they stop getting that buzz because they are accustomed to it so it's normal and the affects aren't felt as much. Eventually if you smoke enough weed, you can smoke it like it's nothing and just be chill. I've seen videos of people who can smoke a fat ass joint and still act perfectly normal like they just smoked tobacco or something.

I can remember a time when I would rip two little pieces of weed off of a bud and get high as shit off of that smoking in a bowl. An 8th would literally last me months (granted I only smoked on the weekends). Now, I'm lucky if an 8th will last me two nights of smoking. I can smoke 10 bowls and still not be as high as I used to get.

If you wanna get back to the old highs, stop smoking for a few months (which is nearly impossible). I took a T-break for about two weeks and came back to smoking the same shit I had saved, and it was 10x's better. That was only after two weeks, too.

8. kinda... I just start feeling rly happy and pleased about everything around me.. I smoke only a couple g's a week though so I probably won't get tired of it for a long time