Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High at the Movies?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bhatmeng, May 22, 2010.

1. I have a blunt I want to smoke, but my friend wants to go to the movies in an hour. I'm planning on smoking this with him and then going to the movies. Has anyone ever been to the movies while high? What does it feel like?

2. That would suck dick. The movies is the one place I don't smoke for just because halfway through the movie you'll be so tired and lost you'll just want to leave.

3. I always smoke before going to the movies. Enhances the whole experience for me.

I guess it's one of those things you need to try to know if you like it.

4. I love to go to the movies high but only if its a trippy movie like avatar or 2012. I alwase thought it was cool it make you get really into the movie and the sounds is so awesome.

5. I tend to not pay attention to a new movie if I'm really high.
    That, and the burnout usually makes me super tired.

Point and case-
    I got SUPER blazed and saw inglorious bastards the night it came out- and hated it.

I was super sleepy, and don't remember half of it.
    Meanwhile all of my friends who saw it at a later date LOVE it.
    I would watch it again, I just cant find a good torrent with subs.

EDIT: but planet earth, was AMAZING stoned

6. I can't even remember the last time I saw a movie in a theater and didn't get high before. The key is to smoke enough that you don't come down half way through though, because that kind of sucks. You should be fine with a blunt though. Have fun.

7. I'll watch anything on television or a movie on my computer when I'm at home and I can smoke in the middle. I just don't like being at the movies for some reason just because I always end up crashing and hating the movie.

An eighth in blunts and I still fell asleep for the last half of Clash of the Titans.

8. Its like smoking a blunt and watching a movie at home.. Just makes the movie better and more exciting.

9. I smoked a few bowls with some friends then we randomly decided to see harry potter in the theatres, i didn't understand it and fell asleep.

10. Depends on the weed man

11. Truth.

+Rep for you

12. dont go to midnight premieres high lol.... i went to alice wonderland blazed and fell asleep like 30 min inot the movie haha

13. I always smoke weed before watching movies, and I never get tired in the middle of the movie. But that is because i only smoke around once a week, and my highs last around 3 hours. If your a daily smoker, and your high only lasts around one hour then I would not exactly reccommend it. It can still be fun though depending on the type of weed

14. If it's a movie I wanna watch, then I don't get super stoned. If I do, I just can't concentrate on it and I feel like I wasted my time. I have a terrible short time memory.

Just a couple deep hits or a bowl and I feel just right.

15. You never know until you try. I'm a really judgmental smoker so I tear bad movies to pieces. But when I watch a good movie I'm more engrossed than you can imagine.

Also like someone said above, it depends on the weed. If your smoking an indica you'll probably hate it because you'll be so sleepy. Smoke a sativa and you'll be up and focused.

16. I like it. It makes the movie more interesting. Only bad part, I usually can't remember the movie after haha...I'll remember maybe 15min worth of footage out of the entire film.

17. #17 Ace06, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
    I hate smoking before the movies.

Like someome already mentioned, all you want to do after a certain point is sleep/leave.

Maybe some people get a different high than I do, but I can't follow plots while blazed, so I just focus in on certain aspects, such as facial features or movie extras, but that gets mad old after awhile as you realize that you have no clue what's going on.

I literally saw Avatar five times and don't remember much of anything; I guess a long movie makes matters worse.

18. I'd rec. smoking before the movies, in all cases. A a blunt is the way to go. Makes Comedys more funnier, Horror movies cooler and sometimes scarier (but sometimes funnier which can be bad depending on if you payed 20 dollars to see the fuckin' thing), and other movies like Notorious and Dark Night i seen they were awesome stoned .......ya i just descibed what happens when u watch a movie or do anything high..ha

19. A female friend of mine and myself smoked some kickass sativa out of her bong before we went and saw The Dark Knight, was awesome. I don't know what freaked me out more, watching this movie on a big screen high, or the lights and people of the lobby.

Everytime I try to watch a movie after smoking an indica strain though... I crash like no other.

20. Did this once, saw the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Funniest horror movie ever :smoking: