High altitude grow (10k ft +)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jimbobbybob, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I may do a few plants in the mountains next year, wondering how plants do at 9000-10000 feet? Would be planning on doing 100% indicas, maybe afghani.....be a short grow season, 3-4 months tops. Anyone every grow at these altitudes or know anything on it?

2. Hindu kush is a strain that landraced in the kush mountains. so that would be a strain to look into. also some autoflowers for your short grow season.

3. Will weed grow at that altitude? And the weather? I thought the rule was to add 3 degrees of lattitude for every 1000' of elevation. 10,000 ft....., thats 30 degrees on top of what your lowland lattitude is....... I hope your at a low lattitude..

I dont really know much about it to be honest, i was just wondering. Ive never heard of it being grown at those elevations but hey.........what do i know?

4. apparently I don't either haha I'll check into it

5. [quote name='"jimbobbybob"']I may do a few plants in the mountains next year, wondering how plants do at 9000-10000 feet? Would be planning on doing 100% indicas, maybe afghani.....be a short grow season, 3-4 months tops. Anyone every grow at these altitudes or know anything on it?[/quote]

Can you tell us what mountain or at least what area you plan on growing?

6. colorado rockies

7. I would go with autos so they finish just after the peak sun levels.. Since you are in the mountains the sunlight should be stronger.. But you want something with a short finishing time to not get ruined by an early frost.