Hiding your set up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by liberality91, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Alright people, a friend of mine got himself a 60cm by 60cm by 160cm high grow tent, he has to grow it in his room, the others in the house are fine with it, but his room has a really obvious big window opening up the view of his room to a cul de sac of closely knit houses. He wants to know if anyone has any clever suggestions in how to hide it or disguise a big black tent besides using a wardrobe?

There's a bong in it if I can get him a good suggestion, so lend a helping hand and i'll be in your debt for the rest of the night and probably a few hazy hours in the morning :smoke:

As a bonus he was also asking if there were any suggestions for quieting his extraction system a tad because its a semi detached house and his room is opposite the adjoining house.

Cheers in advance

2. Try putting curtains on the windows.

3. Worms Way has mufflers for exhaust systems but they're kind of pricey.

Cheers man I'll look into it for him

6. Hang your fans with bungee cords. Kills the vibration and some noise.

7. Put up mini blinds, and or curtains. Then put a panda film (white side on the grow side, black toward the window side)  As long as you have curtains and such in the window, it will just look like the lights are out in the room, and the curtain is closed.  If you're clever, you can fashion an intake/exhaust in the window, too, and mask it with curtains or mini blinds. 

8. How would you set something like that up?
    Sent from my ADR3010 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I would check into the duct mufflers they are like 50 bucks on amazon

10. Buy a fan that's a bit bigger than you need, and run a speed control on it. You might be amazed how quiet those blowers are when you dial the RPM's down a little bit.