hiding your grow.

Discussion in 'Security' started by robbysmith4747, Jan 8, 2017.

1. hello everyone. so i am currently renting a house in town. i have plans on moving out of here in the next few months or so(buying a house in the country). whats some ways you have hidden your grows both physical and non physically. what are some ways you guys hide your grows indoors so noone can find them. even if they may have prying eyes. i also am playign with the idea of making my own power ie solar, wind or hydro. for hydro all i would need is a water source on the property that i can pull off of. has anyone here gone off grid with their grows and if so whats your setup and the price for the setup you have. i think it may be a good investment(also a good way to hide your electic usage.

2. You worry to much if its a grow for personal use 400w of power is nothing. the easiest way to hide your grow is in plain sight leave it away from windows in a tent dont fuck with it constantly make sure you maintain a normal life job done.

3. I have the 400 watt now i want to get something bigger i woild like to get another either 1 1000wat light or 2 600 watt ones. I have a full time job the i get paid good at.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

4. That is how people get caught ramping up electric costs to noticeable levels , Unless your doing a commercial grow operation and selling which i dont condone there is no need for so much power.
    Personally i would say perfect what you have and if you do upgrade go for led, Change it up less heat less energy less risk.

5. i just want to make sure i have enough off the harvest to hold me over till i an get another harvest in. each harvest takes about 3-4 months and i would need each harvest to produce at leasst 4 ozs.

6. I want a solar powered grow room that would be sick

7. That would be awesome. But from what i have seen is the price of solar panels worth the investment... I would think that a different type of power gen would be better imo.. My goal is to get me a country house on some land and pretty much being as self sufficient as possible. I mean you can set up a water wheel if you have a water source for a 4-5 grand that will power a small house. Thats what i want to do..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Be careful, going off the grid constitutes theft of utilities and it's illegal. If you cant afford the electricity and water, I highly suggest you grow outside. Plant several taller bushes as a barrier for your grow in A FENCED yard. If you are by yourself, with no nieghbors, I suggest you get a pitt bull and a security system. If you opt for inside, the smell will reek up your house during flower season. Watch who you invite over to the house at that time. Good luck!!

9. I will disagree with you to an extent. It is not illegal to go off grid. There are some states that dont go for it but there are alot of states that dont care. They only thing i believe they can get you for is child endangerment because of lack of utilities. Thats if you live inside city limits. If you are in the boonies than they cant say anything. As long as you buy your supplies and dont actually "steal" power from the grid they cant get you for it. I would be supplimenting my power with power from the grid but 90% would be from my own source. Carbon filters are a wonderfull invention too

10. Oh you are right. You did mention in your post you want to go solar or wind. My bad, sorry.

11. I rent in the city. I have a 2 x 4 grow tent in a back room. The tent is up against the same wall as the window is on & is not viewable from outside. I left a zipper open the other night (due to heat) and my neighbour noticed the light reflecting on the ceiling/walls (lesson learnt, blockout blinds now installed). I fit 4 plants in the space and expect about an ounce per plant. Also I use those CFL bulbs. The current bulb (for veg) is a 6400 but only uses 130watts. Highly reccommended.

12. That's just ignorant to say get a pit bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. i would have to agree with you 0331vet. that is how pitbulls get a bad name. its a shame really, such a beautiful dog. now because of peoples actions they are now owtlawed in quite a bit of towns. the town i live in you can own one. there are plenty more dogs out there that are more "dangerous" than a pit bull. take a cane corso, dogo argentina or a few other one that there are pit bulls stand no chance toward those breeds..but pit bulls are outlawed tho

• Like Like x 1
  14. A dual 600w light system won't attract attention, as long as you don't overload your circuits and pay your bill on time. Don't let anyone know you're growing - this goes double for anyone you're in a relationship with - scorned lovers tend to be vindictive. That means don't let anyone even come over to your place. All it takes is one snoopy person who hears the whoosh of rushing air from an exhaust fan to compromise your grow.

Also, dogs are a great idea, regardless of breed. Not only do they provide protection, but they're great company. Nothing like coming home to a wagging tail after a long, hard day of work... and no dog wags its tail as vigorously as a pitbull.

• Like Like x 2