Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hiding The Smell of Smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by IVIinimize, Jan 4, 2015.

1. #1 IVIinimize, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    So a few months ago my mum found out I smoked weed but she isn't even all that bothered so it's all good :hello: but i have another problem. She has never smoked before so she's not really all for it at the same time (especially the smell), but a few days ago we were just having one of those drug talks and surprisingly she said that she'd let me smoke in the house if it wasn't for the smell. Now I've never smoked in the house before because I do respect what she says, but like any other toker out there I'm not going to let this chance pass me to :bongin: in my own room instead of having to take the dog out everytime i want a smoke :lol:

So basically my question is, is there any way to substantially decrease the smell of smoke in my room?? I've already resorted to keeping my weed in airtight jars which really works, but the minute I take it out the smell pollutes the whole room even if I open my grinder (and it's really noticable because my house always smells fresh  :wacko:)  I have a cieling fan in my room which could be of some use and i always spray febreze but she can still smell it! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy toking! :smoke:

2. You can make a sploof i think its called by stuffing dryer sheets in a toilet paper tube and blowing the smoke through it. Only really works for bongs and pipes though....

3. Aw yeah I've heard of those, I might try it out because I have been considering buying a pipe or a bong. I've also seen air purifiers which are supposed to suck in the smoke and blow fresh air out but I don't have a clue if they work. Thanks for the help though! Atleast I'm a step closer than i was before :)

4. Dude just get a vaporizer.

5. If you have a garage that's your best bet. Just pack enough weed in your bowl so you can take it all in one hit and blow the smoke through some sort of tube stuffed with dryer sheets. A skinnier longer tube works best because the smoke has to go through more surface area of the sheets. I also like to have a dryer sheet next to me so if I can't take the whole hit I can cover the bowl with the dryer sheet so no smoke escapes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

6. I was thinking about getting a vapourizer but I'll need to look more into it, I was going to buy a G pen but I read some reviews and apparently the atomizers are really taccy and plus with me living in the UK the headshops don't really have a lot of options, and if they do prices are extortionate.

As for the dryer sheets method that sounds like a good idea and i think that's what i might end up doing so I can trap the smoke.

Thanks for sharing your tips!

7. dryer sheets don't cover up the smell IDK why people are still telling people to do this. 

What you need is activated carbon, an actual substance that removes smell 

8. check out smoke buddy...might work for you in combinimation with some light spray, gum, eyedrops.

but eyedrops don't hide the smell wat

10. One word, OZIUM.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I'm old school when it comes to this shit, if you have to then just smoke in front of an open window and leave it open. Spray a bit of febreeze and just let the room air out.

12. Coming off that incense sticks and candles (heavy scented) can help out. I said earlier about a sploof but forgot to mention it is a very basic idea and whoever said about carbon is spot on. Ona sprays apparently work but i cant say from experience.