Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hiding the smell of burning weed while in a house?!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BuDzInMyRiLLo, Jun 27, 2011.

1. #1 BuDzInMyRiLLo, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    Hi everyone, I need to know how some of you hide the smell of smoking weed indoors/at home. I am moving to my first place which is a basement of a two story house. A older fellow lives upstairs and may be snoopy for all I know. With that in mind I intend on playing it safe and not smoking inside at all for some time. However when the time is right I would like too verry much. There are two rooms and multiple closets that I think could work for it. What would you all suggest? How should I fix a room to be safegaurding the smell from getting too the second story of the house? Some wall plug ins that smell good cant hurt...Still im not wanting to go about this lightly, getting caught meens I may loose my place.

2. Get a smoke buddy. I rip my bong in my room all day and it does not smell at all. My room shares a wall with a rent too.

3. I made a 1/9 scale of a 5 gallon ONA bucket. works great.

blow smoke out the window.

Tell the older guy you burn and if it is ok if you take a few rips though out the day.... weed smoke smells differently the cigs so it may be handled differently

4. Good advice. It would be a good idea to smoke for the time being at a buddies place. Thats truly ideal. As for maybe telling the old man, well thats not a bad idea eaither.. after some time has passed. He does smoke cigs but I will decide if he is a person to tell as I get a feel for his attitude towards it. May I add that since it is a basement, it has no windows except for in the kitchen.

5. Definitely get a fan. I burn in my room and then just turn on a fan and leave it, the smell always dissipates within a few minutes.

Also, if you're really paranoid, make one of those carbon sploofs with a toilet paper tube, some dryer sheets and activated carbon from a pet or aquarium store. This is really the best way, but I hate having to blow through those things, and you gotta change the carbon to keep it effective

6. Get a vaporizer! They smell WAY less and use less, too!

Learn to cook exotic food! The unfamiliar spices will cover it- and you are set when the munchies hit!

Granny

7. dryer sheets work wonders. they're more useful if you have a fan in your room. just place one on the back so it sucks the sheet onto the fan. in the winter they're better since i put them in my heat vent.

8. #8 MADnuggi, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I didn't mean smoke at a buddy's but that's a good idea too.
    I meant get one of these:
    http://smokebuddy.com/

9. Just light a candle a little before I smoke and while ur tokin the smell shouldn't be very strong. Or if u have the money get an air purifier. My friend has one and it works amazing.

10. ona gel works a treat :) incense, plug in air freshners that spray every 30 mins or summat......or the best one like granny said, cook up a storm :D

11. +1 to the air purifier, my dad uses one for tobacco and it works great. OP, if you need to just smoke in a bathroom with the shower on, covers it up great.

12. A smokebuddy would do you wonders, or you could make one with a toilet paper roll and a few dryer sheets. Be sure to replace the sheets with fresh ones every now and then too, so you'll be sure the smoke that escapes smells completely of freshness. You could take it a step further as well and blow the smoke from the dryer sheet out the window so even if he sees/smells the smoke, it does not smell like marijuana.

I've never heard of anyone getting busted for smoking what smelt like fresh clothes, so you should be all set.

13. It's not worth having to make it an ordeal everytime you blaze inside i.e. having to pack small bowls/using a sploof/blowing out the window. I say just take a chair outside and enjoy the outdoors

14. Only problem with this is the fact that your bowl will keep burning unless you do onehitters.

15. #15 vBuddin, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    How so? Blowing through a sploof takes no longer then blowing through a smokebuddy or even just blowing the smoke out regularly, so it's not like a sploof wastes bud.

EDIT: If you're referring to me stating replacing the dryer sheets every now and then, I do not mean mid-toke. The dryer sheets should last you a few days of regular use before the smell in them starts to fade.

Double EDIT: I get what you're saying know, the escaping smoke from the bowl will still smell. Putting a coin over the bowl will stop this from happening.

16. Simply cover up the bowl up a coin or something. If the bowl isn't fully packed, go ahead and cover it with your finger. Any smoke that isn't inhaled will smell way stronger. If you have a bong, the smell will go away very quickly. Just cover up your bowls after your done hitting it and if you need to use a sploof, go ahead and make one and exhale into that.