Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

hiding the smell from my parents?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by backpacker, May 28, 2011.

1. I'm going to be getting some northern lights and white widow from a friend whose friend has a dispensary card. I don't know if it comes in like medicine bottles or whatever but I've heard dank can stink up a room just by being exposed. I was wondering if it would be ok for the weed to put them both in baggies or if they come in bottles leave them inside them, and put them both in the same mason jar? I don't think I could hide 2 masonn jars and only have one anyways.

2. One jar should be fine.

3. get it smoke it go home ur all good

4. yup man....just use a mason jar....deffinately works to hide the smell...

5. #5 BlueDreamsKILLA, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hmmm obviously you've never smoked or even seen dank then..... But yeah it doesn't smell like "normal" weed.. It smells more like a skunk, kinda when you're out on a road trip. So if your Parents are home I don't recommend opening the jar (if it's in a jar cus a baggy will smell no mater what) unless they don't go Into your room at all. Then again they might not even recognize the smell

6. I'd go with either a mason jar, or a 420 jar or pretty much any glass jar with a tight lid or clamp (clamp jars with rubber seals work great in my experience) but yeah, you're going to need something to keep it in, "dank stank" permeates through any and all of the containers or bags that it comes in, even pill-bottles don't really work. You could also look into the smelly-proof bags they sell online... those have worked well for me.

Happy Toking!

7. That may hide the smell, but it doesn't exactly hide the contents. Lets just hope his parents never go into his room.

8. I was thinking id double bag it then put it in the jar, and my closet is like a black hole of boxes and clothes so I can just put the jar in a shoebox and then hide it in the depths of my closet.

9. mason jar

don't worry about sandwich bags or tupperware containers.

problem solved

10. I keep my weed in pill bottles. Works great. I always febreeze after opening it or packing a bowl. Good luck to you.

11. With that good of weed, definately do NOT use pill bottles. I had a pill bottle buried into a drawer of old shirts and shorts and it still made my closet smell like weed.

12. if i put weed in a baggy and then stuff it under the pillowcase would the smell still get out?

13. #13 Southeastish, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    Just put the nugs in an airtight glass jar and your be good man, never underestimate the smell of dank buds!

Personally I'd not risk it, if it's dank it'll probably still stink out a room