Hide the smell???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by badbeatsab, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hi all. I am a new member here and this is my first post. Great forum here, thanks to the creators.

My problem; I have a plant I put in the ground next to a fence on a suburban property. I never expected the plant to do as well as it has and now we are nearing flowering season I am starting to get a bit worried about the smell.

Question; does anyone know what I can use to mask/compete with the smell of the flowers so that people on the wrong side of the fence won't smell it at all?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. You could plant native plants to help mask it youd have to look for ones in your area. However, with it being close to flowering I doubt you will be able to due anything about it. Nothing really disguises the smell outside except planning ahead of time and not planting it in a bad place. This is a learning experience.

3. New GC members be like:

4. Yes it is a learning experience. It will be back to the bush for me next season.

5. Thanks anyways.

6. The only thing i can think is lavender, locate some lavender, is the plant male or female?

7. If it were male I'd have pulled it by now , smell wouldn't be an issue. But it's female and it will have a pound of stinky buds on it by the looks of it now. Lavender is good idea. Unfortunately not lavender season here though.