hidding the smell of plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by psychedelickz, Aug 24, 2013.

1. hey indoor growers, i have a question :confused:
    I want to start growing indoor in a self build growbox, and have to grow stealth. But as we all know, bigger plants get a strong SMELL. Any ideas how i could hide the smell, so that you only notice it when the growbox is open but it can not pass through?

i build the growbox out of normal wooden plates and got some holes for the cabels for lightning on the back side. the growbox looks just like a normal closet, but the problem is that i dont know how to avoid having the smell of the plants outside the box.

thanks! :laughing:

2. Carbon filter yo

3. CArbon filter and proper ventilation system is the only way, not cheap but very necessary

4. Ona gel works pretty well. Even the odor absorbing tubs from CVS mask the smell.

Nothing is better than a carbon filter though.

5. really? how many stanky plants would ona gel work for?

6. carbon filter/ inline fan combo.. they are a little loud but you can dull the noise and get a speed adjuster. forget about gels or tubs. go with a filter. do it right

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 Kubrick, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
    [quote name="nonfiction" post="18572497" timestamp="1377407362"]really? how many stanky plants would ona gel work for?[/quote]I used a few strategically placed gel tubs around my room and it totally masked the smell in my opinion. Didn't put them in the tent with 4 plants just outside of it. I did have exhaust and an ac in the room but no carbon filter at the time. The gel I had just had a clean smell, it didn't really smell like anything in particular, just fresh. It could have been that the strains weren't that stinky as well. No smell in veg and they only really stunk when you agitated them in flower.I have a carbon filter for piece of mind now but ill still use them as a backup.

8. #8 Vaporist, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
    Unless you ventilate or filter the grow room, it will stink. No way around it. 

9. but how can i do when i have to grow stealth in a small box with low budget?

10. And you might consider which strain to grow! If you are growing a lemon, fruity, vanilla, or pine scented strain, those odors will be much easier to mask by just picking a matching air freshener!

If you are growing "Lemon Cleaner",  grab one of these (or something similar)! [​IMG]

Granny

11. well i wanted to try barneys sin trabajo, tangelo rapido, critical kush(very strong smell) and LSD.

12. ur Gonna have to get a scrubber or its gonna stink. any strain will smell. get a small fan. they have small fans with 90ish cfm...

13. if i would buy in a pc ventilator or something simmilar that spreads the air outside of the growbox and inside my room, would the room smell or would it get enough distributed in the air?

14. Still smell. You can try. Plants will still smell n veg. You could veg with no filter/fan and use the ona gel. When u flower get the filter

15. and could i hide odor with a small cheap growbox?
    another question, when will it start smelling strong? at flowering or before too?