hidden powers of our brains. part 2

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, Jun 13, 2003.

?

telekenisis?

1. yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ? an answer somewhere between an absolute yes and an absolute no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I know more than one person first hand who has gotten a "psychic" perception of a loved one in pain and/or danger without knowing anything about it before hand.

2. ok im high off my ass so i cant really put it all together but so what ur saying is theres the physical part and the metaphysical part of us so if we learn to control our mind we can do pretty much anything somehow? so if we can do almost anything or just alot of crazy shit with our minds when we die we lose our physical part of whatever and all we are is our mind on a metaphysical plain so technically since its only our mind and not our bodys its kinda like our souls and since we can see past just being individuals in our physical selfs we can make it heaven or hell however we want since we can control what we want right?

hope that made sense ill try to fix that up when i get sobered up

3. My understanding is that our spirits are equally as dependent on our bodies, as our bodies are on our spirits.

4. Our brain processes 4 BILLION details (lack of a better word) but we're only aware of 2,000 of them. Maybe these intuitive "feelings" are actually some of the rest of the details that occasionally surface from the depths of our consciousness.

And I believe ESP is possible but it won't just occur randomly by an average person. If anyone can do it, they must be aware of a lot more than the average person. I think that it comes through deliberately "creating" your reality and using intent to get things done. A person who can perform any "paranormal" feat must have the abilty to concentrate fully and percisely, so they can then use this concentration to aid them in moving objects or whatnot. After all that, (which is harder then telekinesis I bet) he must apply his skills and practice . Practive a lot. The first guy to prove telekinesis is real will probably have a very open mind and a helluva lot of determination. My 2 cents///

And as for the 1 million dollar challenge...
    I browsed around the psipog forums and saw many excuses as to why people wouldnt take it. Some were legitimate, however. One of the respected members politely contacted the orginization and was recieved with harsh replies from James Randi (the founder) and his secretary "Kramer". His secretary even went so far as to edit Sean's (the psipog forum dude) emails and post them on their own forum. Here's the link to Sean's article. http://psipog.net/show.php?cmd=wp&id=14
    The first few paragraphs talk about how he was trying to clarify if the money was in Cash or Bonds so skip it if you're not interested... it turns out the secretary was not really sure and I definately smell a scam..

** I'm just playing the devils advocate here. I dont have these powers so please no flames till you look at the article :D

5. I was watching TV the other day and it was a show about this kinda thing. They had a computer simulate thousands maybe millions of coin flips. It is always 50/50 wheter or not it is heads or tails. During times of increased tension on a global scale however, the data becomes signifigantly one sided.

Oh and by global tension I mean things like 9/11 and that tsunami last december.

So if these kinds of external and physical events can influence random behavior, then you have to rethink all this mind power stuff.

6. indeed. possability.

prooving it cannot be done, could just be as worthy proof it can be done as cannot, because to set about attempting to proove it cannot be done is to put your mind to it, and so, if you have that outcome, perhaps, it was your mind that lead to that outcome.

as for some of the experiments that have been done, the coin flips, the mass meditations, etc, even the esp* (yes, why not, lets get off topic), does get quite convincing. on a personal level, i have done this often with a technique i like to think i came up with myself, of rather than the classic, jedi style, move a physical solid, like, a pen, or lightsaber handle, just by willing it, or comunicating and coming to an agreement of motion with it, or however it is to be worded as being done, rather, it's the gentler aproach, that at most, could be construed as a nudge, (to get to the point) which i practiced with the smoke rising from incense.
    now i don't claim to know for sure that i was mvoing it around as i chose to, because i am aware of the possable other explanations. some of which are just as intreagingly bizare. like some kind of foresight, which could have come about from a subconscious analysis of the disturbances in the air, the shape of the stick & its coating, and the likely outcome that would be produced, though it appeared this was less likely to explain the more rapid changes that occurred higher up the smoke trail, particularly when my attention wandered.
    though its could all still be nothing more than my mind editing my thoughts to make my thought be shaped like the smoke, rather than the smoke shaped like my thoughts, to convince myself it was me effecting the path of the smoke. it really is most relaxing, improves focus and concentration imensely, and i highly reccomend it for everyone.

*one esp test in particular i was thinking of was (i've probably brought this up already in one of the other hidden powers threads) where they had about 20 people sitting behind a mirror where they could see people queing up for the cinema, and were told to stare at a persons's head, all of them, at one person at a time. several people became quite agitated, some to the point of having to leave. they were cornered once outside and asked why they left. clearly, our brains are up to far more than most of us are aware of, which i'm happy about, i wouldnt want to know about each of the 10 million cells being made in my body ever second, or every death on the planet, it would just be too much, but its comforting to know that it's going on. probably saved my life more times than i know.

also, one last note on the term ESP, Extra Sensory Perception. is it really "extra"? scientists have already debunked the limitations of the assumption we only have 5 sences. sure, they're perhaps the obvious main categorys, but as i recall an issue of new scientist reported, there are infact over 26 sences. so, just how extra are these extra sences and their perceptions?
    could it not be the case that rather than extra, they are standard, and that through cultural conditioning, alot of us have just been letting them get numbed or switched off?

7. Jesus Christ... I have absolutely no memory of posting this until Digit +repped me for it O_O I must have been fucking gone! And I assume I'm referring to the sun...

8. On a serious note, I can detect relationship problems. If one of my friends gets into a new relationship, I can sense exactly what'll happen. I've been right about 8 times in a row, down to the time when the problems happen.

9. most cats do that too.

and various other animals.

including some humans. hehe. all humans really, just depends if we let our sences be open.