hidden powers of our brains. part 2

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, Jun 13, 2003.

?

telekenisis?

1. yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ? an answer somewhere between an absolute yes and an absolute no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maby more spiritual than metaphysical.

2. No, its definately metaphysical, but it can be part of your spirituality if you wish. You'll know it when you feel it, like someone's presence behind you, or knowing who's calling on the phone before you answer it, or feeling someone's intent before they move or say anything. I didn't really start to feel it before I started martial training (Aikido) about 10 yrs ago, but you don't have to be a martial artist to tap into it....you just have to relax & be aware of your environment and allow it to happen...it sounds simple, but its hard too...

OK, that's enough rambling for now...

PEACE

3. i think that kind of foresight is more tied into the ability to see throught the chaos... to look into the very nature of time...

.. anyways... i think we're all describing the same thing.. we just have a different explanation for what is the cause of it.

4. remote vewing did you read that stuff wow It seems very possibale. I neec to find someone who can teach me how to meditate and concerntrate. I should join the army then bring it down with mind games or somthing

5. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/102-4828599-6801754?v=glance&s=books

this is a link to amazon to the book:
    The Monk and the Philosopher.

it is a discussion between a buddhist monk and his father: a philosopher.

they try to answer to the question is buddhism a religion and/or a philosophy; but actualy deals on many more aspects of life.

during the converstation, The monk explains how the tibettans monks actualy do research (contemplative research). I learned meditation through those hints.
    PLUS
    the book is a good book. The dialogue compels you to think, and actually gives you a methode to think.

(Digit, I would have offered you that book a week ago if i had had your address; so do me a favor, buy it :))

6. are we still pondering this or practicing it?

and what would one practice it for?

sufficiently aware of the universe's inate laws?

mmm reiki. tis more savvy than i had realised first time round. doesnt really get much better than that. anyone do reiki? think it may be a form of telekenesis utilising the natural organisational way and flow of all things?

7. I've been practicing different methods of meditation lately...

Just recently yoga, although i only know 2 poses (that i learned to help deal with chronic stomach pangs)

i watched a video about 'Transcendental Meditation'. Very interesting, It seems very fishy though considering that it costs a load of money for 'lessons' or whatever...

I guess all they do is give you a 'mantra'(?) And 2 people can't have the same mantra as i understand...

It kinda smells like a scam

8. i feel that you might be able to take part in telepathy but very unlikley. i say you might be able to because a while back i was watching the science channel and they had a special on under water creatures of the amazon or some thing like that and they said this certain type of fish could communicate with other fish telepathically by using some type of electical current that they have. so maybe if we gentically engineir (cant spell) some of their genes in to us it could be possible but i doubt it would work though i dont know to stoned.

9. yeah yeah, ufortunately (i say) there are often likely people out to make money given their person and circumstances they find themselves surrounded in. keep searching. i found a few places where you can find your own mantra specially suited to yourself, or methods of determining what it is and how to derive it. sorry i dont have links for you, its something you may want to search for yourself.... and it does take a bit fo research, interest and time.

dont we already share so many of those base pairs and other genetic similarities?

also, aren't we already blasting off way more electricity than many of us would like to admit or acknowledge?

check out kirlian photography for one example of this... it's a method for photographing the electromagnetic feilds of things. works especially well with living entities. well... some of us. ;)

here's a pic for just one example that i happened to have on my computer....

PS... just watching Donnie Darko for the second time.

Attached Files:

10. so if in some way our mind is on a metaphysical plain then would that mean that when we die somehow we transfer from our physical bodies to just our minds?

11. ok. there's some of you that are saying this is impossible not real. but then there are believers. do any of you at all have tangible proof to back your beliefs? it IS possible, just as it is possible to fly. and to further this deeper. one person states in this thread it is all psychology. without a brain, there would be no psychi to study, there would be no nerves. there would be no feeling. thus that is out of the question. i believe that this is very possible. it is a matter of manipulation of time and space and your own personal kinetic energy. what tells you that you are within the confines of your physical body? how do you know that you are actually you? and that you exist? if you can manage to force your mind around the idea of NOT existing at all, but rather be one with everything, you could complete this task.

12. [​IMG]

I think that telekinesis is a fascinating field of study but I don't subscribe to it on any level. I actually believe that how we think and what we ponder is more real and transcendental than matter and energy manipulation with our minds. If you consider for a moment what manipulation is, we do that kind of stuff already. We've proven this by the world we've made from steel and stone and blood and bone.

Humans are always looking for some mythical or fanciful attribute with which they can manipulate the world but it escapes their notice that a simple thought of hope is more real and potent than all of the sage masters and scientists throughout all of human history. All those hopeful miracles, manifestations, ghosts, spirits, resurrections, levitations are laid low compared to the subtle truth of skin against skin and hand touching hand. You want to move something with your mind? Go to someone that's hurting and put your arms around them. You want to manipulate energy? Drive in your car to get there. Just the power of our two good hands and a positive mindset will not only change this world but a few hearts and minds along the way.

People are lining up these days to get readings or have their loved ones channeled instead of breathing in the amazing air and basking in our glorious sun. They can only quantify hope in terms of supernatural wisps and smoke instead of the hopeful substance in front of them. I'm not telling people what to believe or that telekinesis doesn't exist, just that ordinary beautiful life lays waste to the stilted hopes of forgotten messiahs. Maybe in the end we'll find that loving each other is far more supreme and satisfying than matter or energy, maybe as dust settles into dust we'll find out that God's greatest power lies not tucked away in the heavens but planted firmly in our hearts.

Are you not moved? Do you not love? Do you not feel the warmth of hope revealed from above?

Stay green.

13. I can summon my lightsaber to my hand when i'm in dire need.

That's about it though.

14. As far as the Metaphysical Field goes, and the mind - I truly believe that our minds are so far away from our bodies...

The first time I actually considered this theory, was after I did salvia for the first time. I could feel my mind completely seperate from matter, and any other kind of physical attributes.

When my vision returned i felt as if i was billions of miles away in space, looking down a little tube that some-how was my field-of-vision of me sitting in my room. Even though it was far I could see it quite well, just things were slightly distorted and i couldnt move, so i didn't even try to walk around.

So, yes - i truly think our minds are in a completely different field than our bodies. upon death i feel you just drop your physical existance. (which may be the best thing ever(?) Maybe this is the heaven we hear about. I've also found similar effects from meditation, i think death is the ultimate release though...

15. To add about the physical existance we all experience.

I think humans were meant to interpret things in a very funny way. As i see it everything is balanced. Ying, yang, yea whatever - 'In the end the two colors swirl together tol make a sickish grey' which is life.

I believe that everything boils down to one. Yea, the unified mind - (in the meditation video i was watching it featured some scientists talking about research in a new field they discovered called 'the unified field' and supposedly mediation allows you to drop down into this field. Which as i take it, is the unified mind - where everything is experienced and the physical world takes a nap)

Okay, well i've been very intersted in our physical feelings and emotions and what-nots lately. For ex. the relation between pain/pleasure.

They share many relations, and are both extremes. polar-opposites if you ask your average person to place them on a scale.

But then theres some people that have their scale quite different from others. For example Albert Fish. "I don't know why, but anything that hurt always felt good to me." (not exact quote, something along those lines though)

In the field our mind is in, once we are relieved from physical existance (which i think overall is generally a pain) we will see that these feelings are one in the same. Just interpreted in a kooky fashion by our brains.

"Perhapse all pleasure, is just relief." - William S. Burroughs

16. I think there is something that is related to telekinesis. I mean, you know when you are in a room, and you can sense someone just walked in but not even hear them, its kinda like this ringing sound I get, turn around, and someones standing there. Happens all the time, its weird.

17. Whoa, sorry. I just realized i took this thread wayyy off topic.

For ESP, I think it's definately a possibility. But this body is binding like a tiny solitary cell.. In the end we're all alone, in a small room with nothing, striving for physical contact.

Afterall, we all die alone..

But yea, esp - i'm skeptic, but I think it could be done. it would just be extremely difficult, take a strong mind.

18. The potential for absolutley anything exists in any given human conciousness.

It's all a matter of an amateur understand of metaphysics, quantum and atomic physics.

It's being able to understand, comprehend and use this process.

19. I moved this big bright yellow thing in the sky once with my hand. It took a while though.

20. Yeah well I invented a Time Machine.

Though... you can only go forward through time.

And it's pretty slow... but it works!

[​IMG]