hidden powers of our brains. part 2

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, Jun 13, 2003.

?

telekenisis?

1. yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ? an answer somewhere between an absolute yes and an absolute no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Http://www.psipog.net

Go there if your're interested in ESP related material (also called Psi). It's a really great place, even has articles on howto do it, and even pictures/movies.

I know the people first hand. Extremely smart little buggers.

2. thnx LOADS for that Knucks. thats insiped a whole load of research.

3. No problem. It's really some interesting stuff. Alot of good articles too.

4. I don't know about moving physical objects with your mind, but I do believe we can project our energy to be felt by others...I've been training in Aikido for about 10 yrs and have seen & felt others well before I was able to touch them...its kinda tough to explain unless you've done a lot of martial training.

I've also had numerous telepathic flashes, you know standing near someone & thinking something right before they say it. It'll happen most often with my wife or kids, but sometimes with 'strangers'...and I'm talking about thoughts out of the blue, not part of a continued conversation.

All I'm saying is that I believe that our mind and energy extend beyond what we perceive to be the limits of our physical bodies. I could go on with examples, but will give it a rest for now...

5. i'm not overly impressed. there are still 1.000.000,- US$ to claim for the first ever to prove beyond any doubt any supernatural ability.

obviously to read others thoughts, or for that matter move objects by will power alone, would qualify. but yet no-one have managed to win the prize when under scientific scrutiny.

most excuse themselves by claiming "bad vibes" or "negative vibrations" cluttering up their claim for the prize, like with the famous "wish-stick" water-finding experiment.

as is the case with mind reading and telekinesis. sofar it's all hokuspokus, nothing to do with reality, and the cases who claim to be genuine (like uri geller) are soon found out to be fraudsters by other plyers in the field who know their tricks.

that's not to say that esp would be a neat feature for humans to be in posession of, but it is not real in a physical sense. Humans are not radio transmitters/recievers, we are individual beeings with a clear communication channel that is called behaviour. to wish for a communcation channel outside of our normal behaviour only shows a lack of confidense in real life, thus wishing for an alternative way of communication that is not dependent upon real life interaction. in this way the web is perfect, so why whish for telepathy? :)

6. No fuss Z. I'm not trying to impress anyone or convince them into believing in some great telekenetic or telepathic powers. I just know what I have personally experienced. I don't dwell upon it or try to "channel" other people's thoughts. However, I believe that if you spend a lot of time with an individual or if you train at an intense level for a long time with people attacking you, you will probably discover that you'll become sensitive to their thoughts & intents in ways that will surprise you.

I can see why its not something that is easy to prove scientifically. However, there are also historical instances these things happending. For example, warriors sensing an attack before it occurs. In reading this back, I know it sounds like BS to anyone that doesn't have these experiences. All I can say is that either you have developed a feeling for it or not. If you like to believe that it could happen, that's cool. If you think it can't occur, I don't care.

Lastly, I think the big name 'mind readers' are frauds too. The sh*t that looks like magic is guaranteed to be fake. "The Force" and Jedi stuff is fun to watch, but its pure fantasy the way Lucas portrays it. Lucas has basically taken some Samurai epics and set them in space. And I am rambling, so I will stop for now...PEACE

7. Zylark: Some of the greatest people in the "psionic" community have tried to apply for the contest, yet have been rejected to even TRY on the test. Why would he keep rejecting people that are willing to try?

Not to be rude, but do you have any info to back your claims up? I have a few links, which I'll get back to you in a few hours (last post before I leave for training). You seem too sure about it, so I had to ask. Or are you basing it off of "logic"?

I have kept an open mind about a lot of things. Doesn't mean I don't doubt things, because I question mostly everything (in the sense of, is that real?)

All I know is, there are many things that science hasn't discovered yet, but whose to say that new and unusual things won't be discovered? I'm sure electricity was an odd sight to see when that was invented/discovered.

And JUST because someone hasn't claimed the prize, doesn't mean that every person who claims can do it has been tested. Whose to say that even if someone was able to do it, that they want to be famous? Alot of people out there aren't here to prove to people it's existence or nonexistence.

That should be enough rambling for this post. I'll post those links when I get back.

8. its possible!

9. first to smokin'n'tokin: yes it is possible. but it is also highly improbable. you cannot quite simply disprove any possibily. and one shouldn't either. that is not the science way.

to make something seemingly outlandish probable you must prove it so with a valid hypothesis and supporting theory, not wait for somebody to prove it impossable.

then to knucks. the electricity argument is not entirely valid. a physical phenomenom like electricity cannot be compared to pshycological vague and non-quantifialbe "feelings" as telepathy might be best described as.

i wont go much into the discovery of electricity, but to mention it had to do with empirical research into a well known phenomena known as lighning storms.

as for people beeing rejected when wanting to qualify for the 1 million bucks still at grabs for whoever can prove anything paranormal. there is a limit you know to who many people claiming the exact same that can be tested. if you've tested 100 people caliming telepathy when blind reading a stack of cards (imagine starship troopers), and they do no better than random guessing, would you want to test the other 9900 waiting in line? would you be able to afford to?

10. Well If we did it would most likely be the downfall of mankind. So lets hope not.

11. A while back I was reading up on spiritual things and I came across a site that talked all about the metaphysical plain. It was full of all sorts of thing relating to astronamy and astrology. and there was part in there about the metaphysical. I read this one part where he tried to prove that it exists. He said somthing like There is the physical plain then there is metaphysical plain. Scientists belive everything that exists can be desribed by the five sences sight touch taste hearing and speech. e.g. you can read a post on the internet so it is real. you can feel a cone when you pull it so it is real. and so on. but our minds are real arnt they. but you cant desribe it with a sence. can you touch your mind? what does it taste like? Id like to here it on my stereo. So our minds our real but can not be defined by a sence. so then he talked about how other things must exist that cant be defind by a sence coming to a conclusion that all things defined by a sence are physical and all things not defined by a sence metaphysical. then he talked about how there were different plains a spiritual plain metaphysial plain and a physical plain. And he said stuff like every thing starts in the spiritual plain then forms in to the metaphysical then is given life by the physical plain

so reading this might make your mind expand a little extra
    as for telekonisis knowbody can move things with there mind but every body has the power to produce spiritual metaphysical and physical energy. but putting to use is another thing.

12. you're running around in circles here. it is your mind that sense through our nerve system all those sensations. hearing, seeing, touch and smelling. you cannot feel your own nerves unless they are tickled in some fashion. our brain is just a big lump of nerves, and as such cannot "feel" itself. the sensations described are felt more or less the same for all higher animals, but what distinguishes us from non-sentient beeings are that we are aware of them, and can rationalize as to how these are experienced and why.

to say that you cannot sense your own "spirit" or awareness is just plain wrong. we all do this. this is the gist of the feeling of "I". as in I am... whatever you are. this is sentience people. nothing supernatural about it.

and as for different planes of awareness: bullshit.

oh, a bit harsh there, but i cannot believe some of the stuff that otherwize rational beeings make themselves think just coz' they got some kind inferiority complex towards the real world. get over it and get *real*

and astrology. really. what impact do planets and stars have upon human behaviour? hmmm. and how would you explain that connection? hmmm

my mind is about to pop, but that is just sleepdeprivation talking.

edit: goddamned typos, did i get rid of them?

13. I never said you cant feel your spirit or brain I said mind You can not feel your MIND you can see, feel, taste your brain but not your mind. knowone can describe a mind. There is no real proof of a scientifical explanation of a mind And a mind can not be reproduced. so in saying that the mind does not exist in the physical world. There for it has to exist somwhere else maby we are all just hooked up to a big fucking computer and we are all computer programes

14. the brain is a biological computer of sorts. what's hardwired are called instincts, and what is soft-patched is memory, personality and so forth. so "I" only exist in my brain just as a computer program exists in a computer.

what defines you are part hardwired in your brain, and part a result of your experiences. the input of which come from your senses. in the same way a computer program can be altered by input from various peripherals and / or internal logic function through the cpu.

so to say that your mind exists outside of your brain is not correct. or did i misinterpret you?

15. so we are all just computers wow cool

And you have misinterpreted me I said the mind does not exist in the physical world meaning it dosent get up in the mornig and go to work and come home at night and smoke up. It exists somewhere else on another plain in a totaly different form more like electricity.

16. i hate over simplified computer to brain/mind analogies.

i'm sure Einstien (or Bhors or someone) had alot to say about the metaphysical.

17. since we don't really know exactly how the brain work, the best we can do is comparing it to computers seeing as they are in many ways similar in function. but it is by no means a perfect match.

18. yeah.

the analogies will get better with time though as computers advance and the way in which they are made better mimic that of biological beings' "computers".

19. ok digit its been long enuff....you need to pull your avtar together man !!!

we all still love you!

20. If brains are just wet-wired computers, how do you explain the ability to project "intent" without speaking to other people? Is it perhaps a wireless network that we're all logged into? I believe that we're all connected on a metaphysical level, however, not everyone is logged-in to the network. I know it sounds like BS, but I've had many experiences in this that has settled it for me. Once again, I'm not saying its mind reading, but a deeper, innate, usually subconsious connection.

PEACE