Hidden messages in Megadeth?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by 123mac123, Nov 13, 2011.

1. I Think Megadeth has hidden lyrical messages within their songs, where one thing dave Mustaine says Could also mean something else, heres an example.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55Qxwwr9pw]Megadeth - Insomnia - YouTube[/ame]

Insomnia:

Im running in quicksand
    Somethings haunting me (Somethings Harming me)
    The guilty past Ive buried (The Guitly Past I bear aid)
    My mind wont let me sleep

My head is talking to me
    I dont know what it needs (I Don't Know what It means)
    But the loudest voice
    Is the one I heed (I Hide(I think implies he's hiding messages)

Insomnia, my swollen bloodshot eyes
    Insomnia, awake till morning light ( i'll wait till morning light)
    Insomnia, stirring deep inside staring deep inside
    Insomnia, somebody turn out the lights
    I cant sleep - insomnia

Im twisting and turning
    The madness I must tame (The Madness I mustaine)
    My candle is burning
    Both ends again today

The whole house is creaking (I Won't allow Skreeking)
    I know theyre out there
    The things kept from sight
    I beg to the shadows (I've been to the shadows)
    I cant sleep (My cats sleep)

Its funny cause the music video is of a mouse and cat, right when It says " I won't allow skreeking" the cat is staring down the mouse, then "the things kept from sight" Means the cats kept from sight(or in light), right then in the video a light is shawn onto the cat and it ducks its head, then it goes to the mouse when it says "my cats sleep" and the cat walks away, kinda a metaphor for lighness defeats darkness, a small mouse can stand up to a cat. if this isnt a hidden messages its a close coincidence.

I got tons of other examples to, but your probably doubtful

2. is there any important hidden messages?

3. There is a bigger picture, but without positive reaction I wouldn't reveal because it sounds ridiculous

4. im not going to critisize im just interested

5. #5 123mac123, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    well the only other person I heard who also puts messages in their music is ozzy osbourne, heres an exmaple.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Yqkcei_Uw]Ozzy Osbourne - crazy train lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Crazy, but thats how it goes(praise him, but that's how he knows) The Devil
    Millions of people living as foes(millions of people, living his foes)Devil hates you living
    Maybe its not to late
    To learn how to love (to learn outta love) To love the devil
    And forget how to hate (forget why you would hate the devil)

Mental wounds not healing (metal wont stop healing) Implying metal music will keep effecting the listeners

Lifes a bitter shame (Life's a bit of shit)
    Im going off the rails on a crazy train (I'm going after the rails on a crazy train)

Ive listened to preachers
    Ive listened to fools (I've listened to ghouls) Implying hes talked to demons
    Ive watched all the dropouts
    Who make their own rules
    One person conditioned to rule and control ( I Musn't condition to rule and control)
    The media sells it and you live the role (....and you LEAVE THE ROLE)

Mental wounds still screaming (metal woes still screaming)Implying their singing wrong
    Driving me insane
    Im going off the rails on a crazy train(I'm going after the rails on a crazy train)

I know that things are going wrong for me (I know that things are going dark for me)
    You gotta listen to my words (implying to do what im doing)
    Yeh-h

Heirs of a cold war (here's to the cold war)
    Thats what weve become
    Inheriting troubles Im mentally numb (and Heavens in trouble, I need to leave now)
    Crazy, I just cannot bear (prasie him, I just can unveil)
    Im living with something that just isnt fair (at lives he sometimes says "Im living with something, and I don't wanna share, implying he likes his demons)

Mental wounds not healing (metal won't stop healing)
    Who and whats to blame (who and watch to blame)
    Im going off the rails on a crazy train (im going after the rails on a crazy train)

Now does all that above really seem coincidence? For that many alternative phrases to come together?

anyways back to megadeth, I believe Dave mustaine also knows what ozzy is doing and hes trying to combat it(since ozzy's hidden lyrics are not good)insomnia is the first song on the album, the next song is called prince of darkness, I believe it's about ozzy (after all ozzy is the prince of darkness) As well mustaine really lets ozzy have it with that song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIaffp6fsas]Megadeth- Prince of Darkness (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

As well Dave mustaine (lead singer of megadeth) Recruited ozzy's old drummer to do this album, as if the guy was "switching sides". All still coincidence? Anyways loved sharing my theories.
    EDIT: Oh and I Forgot that this was also the album Dave mustaine decided to become a christan, back in 1998 dave mustaine played ozzfest with megadeth, they only played ozzfest once, I believe it was there ozzy told him he should be recruiting for the dark side, because suprisingly right after this he becomes a christian and releases the risk album (with all these songs) a year later. In the beggining, a song on the risk album as well, dave sings a line that goes, you were once my friend, now I can't tie your hands.(which could also be now I know I can tie your hands, for the alternative meaning)
    It was the risk album where I believe dave started doing these messages because I cant find it on older material, and I even find it now On the new album like end game and 13.

I know this is all speculative but I could be onto something

6. #6 The Audion, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    lol. This idea is over 40 years old by now. Play stairway backwards, play the beatles backwards and hear paul is dead (which they did on purpose to screw with people.) Pretty sure you hear what you want to hear.

lol at 123mac. Due to the way lyrics are usually poorly enunciated, you could do this with any song/band. You hear what you want to hear. Honestly ozzy would probably laugh at this idea. He was to busy getting blind drunk to put hidden messages in his songs.

7. I'd say many many artists have done this, but only a few get noticed.

I know eagles has satanic stuff in their songs, AND they admitted to worshipping Satan in several interviews.

8. crack open a dictionary. look up the word "facetious"

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=popg6dOoTWQ]Black Sabbath Sweet Leaf (HQ) (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

ALRIGHT NOW!!
    Won't you listen?

When I first met you, didn't realize
    I can't forget you, for your suprize
    you introduced me, to my mind
    And left me wanting, you and your kind

I love you, Oh you know it

My life was empty forever on a down
    Until you took me, showed me around
    My life is free now, my life is clear
    I love you sweet leaf, though you can't hear (I love you sweetly, though you can't hear)

Come on now, try it out (Come on Down, Crying out)

Straight people don't know, what you're about
    They put you down and shut you out
    you gave to me a new belief
    and soon the world will love you sweet leaf (And soon the world will love you sweetly)

Only a few words cahnge the song takes on a whole new meanin, stops being about loving weed (unfortuantley) and loving satan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJxSP3LC9BA]Little Nicky - Chicago played backwards - YouTube[/ame]

right in little nicky they deny anything is backwards, and the hidden messages are "straight" forward.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8N7MRVn0c&feature=related]Ozzy Osbourne documentary pt. 7/11 - YouTube[/ame]

check out 4:38

ozzy tries to pretend he doesn't do it, deny deny deny, and then get away with saying what youwant, geneus isn't it?

10. all that is on. I'm too high for this...

11. Tornado Of Souls.

Sadly as the paranoid person I am, i can see how the lyrics are about selling your soul. Not saying illuminati shit or anything, but it's true that Dave also mentions them in their new album

This morning I made the call
    The one that ends it all
    Hanging up, I wanted to cry
    But dammit, this well's gone dry
    Not for the money, not for the fame
    Not for the power, just no more games
    But now I'm safe in the eye of the tornado
    I can't replace the lies, that let a 1000 days go
    No more living trapped inside
    In her way I'll surely die
    In the eye of the tornado, blow me away

You'll grow to loathe my name