Hidden Grow Box Intake Questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by d3a1, Mar 23, 2010.

1. I need to know where to put my intake..
    I have a hole drilled right underneath the exhaust for my lamp for another exhaust
    Im thinking of ethier putting another intake hole leading to another room above where all the wiring is.. where abouts in the box should it go?

also im thinking that i could put an intake attatched to the opposite side of my lamp to keep it nice and cool so i can keep the door closed..
    Temp is at 80-85 with the door cracked 5 inches.

all the info about the box is in this thread
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/566839-sour-diesel-widow-600w-box-grow.html

2. Cut hole for intake on opposite side of exhaust so air travels across the cab. If smell isn't a problem leave the intake of the hood venting out the cab also, that will help remove even more air and should keep it cooler.

3. Also generally speaking you should have double the intake area as exhaust. So for ex, if you have a 4" exhaust you should try to have 8" intake, or so I've heard.

4. Depends on how negative the pressure you want, IE how much you want air pulling in from cracks and putting pulling pressure on the doors. Imagine you had a hole and put a leaf blower in it and turned it on what would happen? It would blow the doors open right? So having the intake restricted a little would pull the doors in and pull air in from air cracks. If you are totally sealed up 4" and 8" would probably be great, but I wouldn't start that big. I would start 4" and a 4", its a lot easier to change bits and make the hole bigger than making it smaller.

5. Cool, thanks for the explanation. I had wondered about that and it makes a lot of sense, so I guess the more stealth desired the less intake you'd want.

6. Not necessarily less just the right balance to keep a little neg pressure.