HID Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmokinSilleness, Mar 22, 2013.

1. So I'm completely lost when it comes to Digital Ballast (HID). What I don't understand is that. Is there a light under the digital ballast or does a reflective wing have to connect to it? Help?

2. Bulb goes to the socket socket mounts in the hood wire from socket to ballist

Sent from iPhone 5

3. So, the bulb just screws in the bottom of the Digital Ballast. Thanks

4. What no look up a pic bro

Sent from iPhone 5

5. They're all taken from an above angel. So... it screws in at the bottom right.

6. The bulb screws into the hood. Think of the hood as a lamp shade, except instead of diffusing and dampening light, it's directing as much of it downward as it can. The bulb will screw in sideways so that the length of the bulb will face down to give the most amount of surface area of light.

From the hood, there is a cable that will run from the bulb socket to the ballast. Then the ballast plugs into the wall. The ballast is heavy and will get hot, so put it somewhere secure and that won't burst into flames.

7. [​IMG]
    The bulb socket in the hood connects to the ballast below via electric cord.

8. Thats just fucking stupid. Well I already read they mess up RFs. That's a no-go.

9. So go with a magnetic ballast?

10. True.

We'll see.

11. Most digital ballasts don't mess up RFs these days. Lumatek, Galaxy, Quantum are all good choices. I use a Lumatek 400W