Hid lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mad ganja702, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Will a 1100w ballast run 2 600 W HDI bulbs with a splitter are no

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would love to see this answer. Good question, mate. You may have to be the guinea pig for all of us. Then let us know if your bulbs esplode or your house burns down!

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What kind of splitter do you have in mind? Have a link?

4. I was going to make 1

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm gonna say don't try it, sounds like a bad idea, I think if we could get away with less ballasts putting off heat people would have that on lock down by now, I think there's a reason one and one, but I'm not an electrician....

nonfiction's multi-strain grow

6. Won't work with a digital dimmable, you will fry the dual-level film capacitor and most likely cause a flash fire, but it will work with a magnetic hps ballast. I know monstergardens.com use to sell them maybe they still do, I have few of the ones they sell / sold that I bought off ebay and they work just fine with any 1k or 600w hps magnetic ballast that I have tried. You can run 2 x 600w hps with a 1k magnetic hps ballast, and you can run 2 x 400w hps with a 600w magnetic hps ballast, but I was never able to get 2 x 250 hps to work on a 400 magnetic hps ballast, or 2 x 150 hps to work on a 250 magnetic hps ballast. The switch is just a simple junction box that splits the power coming out of your ballast, with a reset switch.

• Like Like x 2