hiccups

Discussion in 'General' started by negligent, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what the fuck are the point of hiccups, a burp gets air out of the stomach, a fart gets air out of the intestines

but what the fuck is the purpose of a hiccup other than to really piss me the fuck off, its like i can never get them to stop ever no matter what fuckin remedies i try

2. yeah, fuck hiccups! i fucking hate hiccups and i hate how they never fucking go away. and then you're like ok they're gone but then bam, it hits you with another one.

fuck hiccups. they make me want to fucking blow my god damn throat out.

3. exactly, i dont see how a sudden intense burst of inhale to sudden sharp lung lock can possibly benefit the body in any way shape or form

and after awhile they start to hurt

mine finally went away after eating shit as fast as i could so i wouldnt have time to hiccup, but i can still feel the hiccup waiting there in my solar plexus waiting for the ideal moment to make a 2nd strike

4. From Wikipedia: "While many cases develop spontaneously, hiccups are known to be triggered by specific events, such as lack of water, eating too fast, being hungry for long, taking a cold drink while eating a hot meal, burping, eating very hot or spicy food, laughing vigorously, coughing, drinking alcoholic beverages in excess, crying out loud (sobbing causes air to enter the stomach), some smoking situations where abnormal inhalation can occur (in tobacco or other smoke like cannabis, perhaps triggered by precursors to coughing), electrolyte imbalance, talking too long, clearing the throat, by some of the stronger opiate painkillers such as Heroin, Morphine, and Oxycodone or from lack of vitamins. Hiccups may be caused by pressure to the phrenic nerve by other anatomical structures, or having the sensation that there is food in the esophagus, rarely by tumors and certain kidney disease. The American Cancer Society reports that 30% of chemotherapy patients suffer singultus as a side effect of treatment."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiccup

I too am a hater of hiccups.

5. your diaphragm kind of goes into spasms, that's what causes it

6. ok great thats why you get hiccups, n theres nothing worse then the dope hiccups, they fuckin never go away for hours

but i still dont know what it fixes, like i said burping and farting gets excess air out of your body, but what do hiccups do

7. it might be the one body function that does jack shit except piss you off :confused:

8. pretty sure its not designed to fix anything..basically a malfunction of the diaphram being as it is like a spasm right? lol idk thats my two cents though.

9. yeah...they ARE pointless....just a muscle spasm...just like any other spasm...just...more annoying

10. Hold your breath for ten seconds, (one Mississipi, etc) then, while still holding your breath, swallow three times.

11. Fuck hiccups. Couple months ago I was in the hospital recovering from some surgery, at some point I got the worst case of hiccups I've ever had. Seriously, every other time I inhaled I would hiccup, no matter how fast or slow I was breathing. Like I would inhale, exhale, inhale, hiccup, repeat. Lasted over 20 minutes, such bullshit. My nurses had no idea why. I guess it could've been the morphine I was on.

12. My dad taught me if you put a spoonful of sugar in your mouth and wait until it completely dissolves into water and then swallow it it gets rid of them. It's worked every time for me:wave:

13. i fuckin hate hiccups, everytime i smoke black i get fuckin gnarly hiccups and nothing kills em.

14. i feel ya. fuck hiccups. try taking a DEEP breath and holding it in for a while. that usually helps me.

15. i hate hiccups. i have to hold my breath or hold my nose and drink water to get rid of them.

one time my grandpa has hiccups for a week and they gave him thorazine to stop them lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.