Hi newbie here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pullitover, Sep 29, 2010.

1. #1 pullitover, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    hello all. i have been lurkin around and thought i would finally say hello :wave:. im very new to growing marijuana. im on my second crop, and im having a few setbacks. my first crop started with 4 plants that i got from my dad. they were about 10 inches tall when i got them. i had them under the curly-cue florescent lights, 24/0, 1 for each plant. well i built a nice little room, 4x8, then put a wall in the middle(so 2 4x4 rooms). when they were 14 inches tall, i switched them to 12/12 under a 400w hps. well i made a few first time mistakes, like looking at them with the lights off, which i found out from others, is like someone waking you up when you were sleepin. i didnt really write down when i started, just rookie mistakes. so i wait and wait, the plants just looked like crap, and i figured it was time to harvest, so i did. well i only got 11 grams :( of off each... what was i doing wrong?

so onto this crop. i wrote down when i started, i water them only when the lights are on. so i got 9 plants from a buddy, that were growing outside. well im down to 3, the rest were males. they were ready to put under 12/12, so thats where they are. i see all these pics of huge bushes, and awesome looking plants, althought mine are scragely lookin. foilage at the top, but the stalks are just that. what am i doing wrong. i dont really have ventilation, as i havent gotten an exhaust fan. could that be part of the problem? i was thinkin just a bathroom fart fan would work. i got a box fan blowin on them all the time.

any ideas? glad to be a part of this site. a little more about me, im an OIF veteran, and have my medical card for my state.

2. Welcome to GC:wave::smoke:

3. I'm not a grower but the city has plenty of experienced growers who could help you if you post a thread in the growing section :D

welcome to the city:smoking:

4. posted. thanks for the welcomes!!