Hi, New Growing Here

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rompf, Aug 27, 2012.

1. #1 Rompf, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    A friend of mine got a purple haze seed from one of hes friends that went to Holland and bought some seeds but i cant assure that's the case, im just hoping that hes for real. Any way, I live in Colombia where the weather is perfect for any type of plant, 12 hours of sunlight and 12 hours of darkness. So I began germinating my seed 2 almost 3 days ago, but before i carried out this project i spent countless hours investigating to get the best results and the seed that i got looked white at first, premature perhaps. So i began by germinating with the paper towel method and the seed got dark brown almost black and i wanted to show the process and ask you guys if it was any good keeping.

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2012-08-27

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2012-08-27

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2012-08-27

Thanks For The Help

Also Any tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated

2. 1. I don't use towels, just drop it in the soil and let it happen. I use a nutrient free soil for germination, just compost, peat, and perlite, then add minerals after the plants are a week old.

2. if you're growing outdoor, get some goat and chickens manure, till it in the earth to a foot depth, then add a bunch of hay on top, and some more manure on the hay, and I would also till a couple cups of agricultural lime in the soil. Then come back in a month and plant your transplants (2-3 week old seedlings) there.

3. #3 Rompf, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
    Yea im growing outdoors. I got a big space in my backyard

Im actually using a pot, the pot is big, never been used before, i cleaned it an way. THe dirt is very high quality dirt with ph levels 5.0 to 7.5 and its got good irrigation. Sterilized, with good nutrients.

Im using a big pot right now so that i dont have to transplant later is that fine?

4. #4 GreenDean420, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
    just put the seed in the middle of a paper towel piece. Gently fold the paper towel with the seed in it, wet it a bit so u can sorta see where the seed is through the paper towel then put it on a small plate with another plated flipped ontop, sheltering the seed. Leave it out in the sun for a day or two and she should be good to plant, once you see a little white root comin out plop er in some soil.

5. Is this a photo period or an auto flower? That seed might go into flowering after the first couple weeks of growth considering the amount of daylight.

6. Ok im going to try this out and see if it sprouts the seed.

Thank you.

7. np man thats what were here for x)
    I've used that method countless times, never had an issue. It usually only takes a day or 2

8. Im not sure whether its auto flower or photo period, all i know is according to my friend is a regular purple haze strain. Im hoping for the best with this.

BTW ive had it for nearly 3 days with this method but ive kept it in my room, out of the heat, maybe the keeping it in the sun will help

9. if you plant it in the soil (which if I was in your position now I would) you can leave it in the sun, just make sure it's covered a 1/4''- 1/2'' deep. In fact the sun sterilizes fungus which could kill the seed, and provides warmth the seed needs.

By the way, I would not run sterilized soil, not on seeds, not on plants, not ever.

just a preference

10. just pick up a bag of gardening soil from wal mart, let the seeds germinate, then plop em in about a quarter way down. Then try to collect some rainwater to use for watering, tap water works but a lot of people don't 'believe' in it lol, does the trick tho

11. I used the sterilized soil because in most of the guides i read (and i read a lot of guides) It recommended buying sterilized soil or sterilizing it your self. What i mean by sterilized soil, is soil with no bugs or extra crap that could kill the plant or in other words; not the cheap soil.

I picked this good soil from home center. :)

12. yah exactly, im not a soil expert but it should have little white pebbles in it, dunno what they are tho

13. mine have little white pebbles as well, its my understanding they are rice casings, used for nutrients.

14. yah sounds right

15. huh?? rice hulls? theyre an aeration amendment not a nutrient. like perlite,

the truth is that sterilizing soil is a hopeless cause. unless you are constantly dousing the soil with hydrogen peroxide. it's not sterile. ALL organic matter is in decay. even coconut husks which are considered sterile, decay slowly. I guess it's a matter of whether you believe decay is on your side or not. If you think not, sterilize your soil. I certainly don't.

16. never do i, comes with that ish in it

17. well my friends seed is done germinating he can see the white root coming out. I can see mine out of one of its ends coming with a small root, still inside do. Im hoping that by tomorrow it will be done germinating. I will be posting pictures on my progress so you guys can give me feedback looks like a great community.

18. hellyah buddy, btw you can probably throw yours in soil, if the roots peeking out a bit its fine, should be good tmrw morn.