Hi my name is Michael Hall and I am new to growing marijuana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mickyjoker, Jun 8, 2019.

1. I really hope that there is someone out there who can help me, I had a stroke over a year ago and the doctors won't help me. I want to grow 4 plants to help with the cramps that come with stroke. I have the money to buy all the equipment that I need and high quality equipment too. But that is as far as I can go, I need help germinating seeds, advice on veging stages and bloom stages. I also need help choosing the best strain of cannabis plant to choose to grow.

Thank you for listening, yours faithfully the novice Michael Hall

2. Read my 2 journals, then ask me what ever you want.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Welcome. To germinate seeds, I would recommend putting them in a glass of water for 12-24 hours. This way the seeds shell will soften and help ease the germination process. Anyways, then soak a paper towel and carefully put the seeds (at least one inch apart from each other) in between the paper towel and fold it over the seed. Put the paper towel in a ziplock bag (don’t seal bag!!) and then place on a plate. Check back once and then to make sure the paper towel is still damp. The seeds will pop it’s tap root within a few days. Place the seed carefully into your soil with the root facing down.

Also to get the best germination results you can consider buying a heating mat which you can place your plate on and your seeds will be kept at an ideal temperature for germination.

That’s it for germinating. There are many ways to germinate seeds, but this is my favourite way.

There are also many websites to check out which can help you grow. I would recommend you checking out this site, it has helped me a lot with learning how to grow and fix plant problems. It might seem frustrating at first but it is something you will like very quickly.
    I wish you good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome.just take some time and read up. That’s what I’ve been doing. Best of luck and a continued recovery.

5. I've been thinking about taking real good pictures of my setup and explain everything with drawings etc...
    Think ya'll might be interested? Let me know and I'll do that for you new blades. But if you hunt around I this is out there on the site somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Surely interested HardDrive. :GettingStoned:

7. Would definitely sub to this. Always good to have things reiterated from different viewpoints.

8. @dobro49 @Dseb0127 @Mickyjoker
    Ok I'll start working on it and will try and remember to let you know the url.
    If ya'll aint heard nothing from me in a week pm me or something to remind me.
    But I should have it done by then.
    HD

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks HardDrive much appreciated!

10. Plus 1

11. Most of us with the Old School badge are good ones to take advice from and follow their threads. It means we've made our mistakes and the rest of the older site members and the moderators had felt we contribute good advice and should be recognized as such.

It helps if you provide some general information about your general area.
    State is good enough.
    Legal or underground.
    Availability of seeds or clones.
    Indoor or outdoor.

[​IMG]

Since your a newbee at this your best bet is a 3x3x3 inch square cup to start in.
    Why ? because as a newbee your going to overwater. It's a given. You all do it, you can't resist it. LOL.
    Use a cannabis friendly soil if possible like Fox Farms Ocean Forest. It's light, fluffy, fast draining, All the things Cannabis likes.

Start with a half filled cup and place your soaked-just sprouted seed a 1/2 inch down.
    Why? because just sprouted Cannabis seeds always stretch. It's a given and it is much easier to add more soil then it is to try to stick and thread tie up a floppy stretched seedling that is falling over.

Square pots Why ? Because they promote better root branching. You don't get the long coil of root you always find at the bottom edge of the pot like rounds give.
    A small pot will have you watering frequently as it'll dry out fast. This lets you fertilize more often if you choose that route.

Watering. Lift before watering. Use your brain and don't water mindlessly. If the pot is still heavy set it back down. The pot can get feather light with a 12 inch tall plant before it'll finally wilt. Plants roots need oxygen and the rapid wet and dry turnovers of a small pot will make for happy roots. Later as you gain experience you can try organic no-till, no-transplant and several of the other methods but this will insure you actually get a first harvest. Soil is the most fool proof grow and hard to mess up.

Get your seeds now and get them soaking. You have weeks before you need serious lights.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Guru has spoken.
    BNW brought up some good points there, for you to think about. I only grow RDWC so I don't know to much of dirt.

13. @dobro49 @Dseb0127 @Mickyjoker
    Ok so here is the URL, about half way down the page I've started the Pic's.
    RDWC, 600w HID, LSD beans

• Like Like x 1
  14. #18 otokal, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    This is exactly what I've been doing. I have been reading a lot of the forum posts here but now I decided to finally join so that I can also be a part of the chat.

• Like Like x 1