Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus, the only way to God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by JacquelineDeane55, Jun 7, 2017.

1. I will say that at least I respect you coming back lol

I’m guessing that you needed your little outburst and that is totally cool because maybe it’ll help us get beyond the original animosity?

Did you get that out of your system now? IF you’re interested I’d be more than happy to talk to you like an adult - but only if you’re gonna talk civilized? I mean, trust me man - little outbursts like yours don’t get me mad - hell, I’ve been running construction crews for friggin ever and have real men get pissed off lol

So here we go - IF you’re up for it?? Let’s do this slow and easy - take your time answering.

1. No - you haven’t answered me. You didn’t answer me about why it’s a sin to work on Sundays (which means that we just go to hell if we work on Sundays), you didn’t answer me as to why, if the Bible was written by God that he tells us to kill homosexual folks. You didn’t answer me as to why there are so darn many references in the Bible to violence by the Christian God - killing, raping, maiming - Kind of a “it’s OK for me to do it, but don’t you dare do it or you’ll spend an eternity in hell”
    These are real things in the Christian Bible - the Bible - the “book to live by” for Christians - so don’t even talk about taking things out of context. As far as I’m concerned as soon as you bring that phrase up you’re just twisting it to your own needs- It’s either there or it isn’t. How if you didn’t have a mark on your door or a bit of ash on your forehead - you were being struck down and sent to hell - men women child and beast - innocent or not.

Yet - Thou shall not Kill. Yet - God is merciful and loving. I call bullshit and I call hypocrisy.

So thats No. 1 - and no, you didn’t even come vaguely close to answering that question. So without getting mad, or upset or saying that I can’t read LOL - i’d like for you to tell me why it’s OK for one and not the other.

Let’s just go with two items to start with.

No 2. “ all you’ve done here is present the Bible and God as bull crap, and now you’re saying that you never told anyone that you didn’t believe in God

I haven’t told anyone that I don’t believe in God? Have I? Not sure where you’re getting that from. What does my questioning the Bible as “bull crap” have to do with me believing in God or not?

Do you think that Buddhists (example) believe in your Bible? If they don’t believe in your Bible, does that mean that they don’t believe in God?

You don’t think I was lying about being raised Christian or going to church every Sunday, or even teaching Sunday school, do you? Maybe you do but that doesn’t really matter I guess. I did though - The whole family was forced to go every Sunday morning from since I could remember into my teens. The Bible was drilled into us just like any other family that brings their children to church every Sunday. Of course we were taught the same things you keep bringing up.

The deal is, though, that as I got older - into my later teens - into my 20’s, as I grew as a person and actually started thinking for myself, that I started questioning these hypocritical items that had been drilled into me since I was old enough to go to church. They all were, after all, just teachings made by other people, other Christians who had been taught by other people that had been taught by yet other older people and all based on a physical paper book that as I started thinking for myself i started to question.

This has zero to do with believing in God or not. Zero.

Let’s say I had been raised by a Hindu family since I was old enough to learn anything - my whole life - but once I got older and started thinking for myself do you not believe it would be right for me to question as to whether cows were actually sacred or not - Just because I had had it drilled into me as I was growing up that they should be revered - Or should I simply take it at everyone else’s word that this was the way it is?

Should I believe that everything the Bible says is law because you tell me it is? Or because ANY MAN tells me that the BIBLE IS LAW??

I sit here and question you and the Christian Bible - a book that says SO MANY hypocritical things - and you get MAD when I do - you tell me “stop trying to be popular” (LOL), you say, “can you even read or comprehend?” (LOL) - you say, “the Bible was written by God through man“ and when I question it you get upset?

When I question a book that teaches that “Unless you drop to your knees and blindly follow me you will spend an eternity in fire & misery” - And so ends up including 2/3 of the worlds population & most likely much more - which will end up in this miserable place - and which includes so many innocent young children and totally pious and good people that were raised in other religions in different areas of the world - These people are all going to (YOUR) hell - because you believe that yours is the only real religion -

So this would mean that all of the Indians in North America for thousands and thousands and thousands of years all went to hell because they had never been taught about Jesus, right?

So yeah, I never said whether I believed in God or not - I said I don’t agree with how hypocritical the Christian Bible is and when I question it you get upset and leave and then come back with (albeit minimal) name calling.

“ christianity is the only religion out of billions and billions and billions of people and if you don’t believe and blindly follow everything in the Bible then you’re going to hell”

Pretty much sums it up for you, correct?

We can start with this if you’d like...?

J

2. (Tract).

More hipocracy, though in my opinion - changing the teachings of the Bible to suit their needs. The Bible literally says that homosexual should be put to death and Francis recently said something to the effect of “ Who am I to judge homosexuals” and yet the book that the religion is based on clearly says that they should be killed.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. You either believe it and follow it or you don’t. You can’t have it both ways and change things out of convenience.

It wasn’t that long ago that the Catholic Church was totally and completely against homosexuality. You can’t say something at one point in time and then change it to suit your needs at another.

“If someone is gay and searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Two years ago Tuesday, Pope Francis uttered these words, sending shockwaves throughout the Catholic Church and the world. His position stood in contrast to that of his predecessors: Months earlier, Pope Benedict XVI suggested that gay marriage was a threat to global peace.

http://time.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. “For someone looking for truth and consistency, I didn't find it in Biblical Christianity.”

My thoughts exactly and why I begin to question Christianity & the Bible once I grew up and was able to think for myself. There was way too much that didn’t make sense and especially the “do as I say and not as I do” part - or the sheer violence in the book by this god, and to then be told “our god is a loving god - repent sinner - because if you don’t you’re going to spend an eternity in misery and pain”.

Threatening people is no way to start any relationship.

The real killer is when I try and discuss this with other Christians boy they get mad for some reason and try and get out of it any way they can.

Ah well.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I call you on your game and you accuse me of getting mad. Sometimes truth don't work out the way you want it to. No answers to your googled questions will be acceptable to you because it must include the context and you don't allow it. You're not here for answers. You're here to be popular.
    No, you may not be lying about going to a white building for 10 years, but if you can't answer simple Bible questions, it wasn't much of a church. It was a social club. You couldn't possibly have been a teacher. Your social club was short on volunteers to change diapers while the big people were singing and paying dues. You can't say you taught the Bible, then come here and say you don't have a clue. It's a contradiction. Get it?
    The pope is not in the Bible. He tells his social club what to think.
    Buddha is not in the Bible. He tells his social club what to think.
    Jesus was in the Bible and He was executed because He actually claimed to be God. No comparison to the pope or buddha.
    Diversion. Lousy try. You didn't study the Bible. If you don't want to that's your choice. But don't walk around saying you have. Because people who have will spot your game in short order.

5. #185 jerry111165, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    You’re still angry!! Lol!

So - still with the “here to be popular” thing - man, you’re just making yourself look silly now.

No answers to your googled questions will be acceptable to you because it must include the context and you don't allow it.

How do you know?? You refuse to answer any of the questions I have asked you.

I’ve said what I needed to say - and you still wont or refuse to respond to my initial post to you this morning. I told you about how once I started thinking for myself as a young man I started questioning the things I had been taught as a child - but since it doesn’t coincide or agree with your beliefs you get all silly about it. Once I question your black book and ask you questions you refuse to answer the questions - because there simply isn’t anything to base it on. You say “well, your church wasn’t much of a church”

Why should people blindly follow?

“if you can't answer simple Bible questions, it wasn't much of a church. It was a social club”

So because someone decides “man - this really doesn’t make as much sense as I though it did when I was being taught as a child” - you take it on yourself to put down the church. That’s cool - doesn’t matter.

“Lousy try. You didn't study the Bible. If you don't want to that's your choice. But don't walk around saying you have. Because people who have will spot your game in short order.”

I explain my situation, ask you questions and up goes the defensive wall! I get it - you’re trying to protect yourself, your beliefs from people who’ve decided they shouldn’t just blindly follow - but man, you really should have some better answers than what you’ve got - the whole “stop trying to be popular”, you’ve never studied the Bible” and “people are spotting your game” simply aren’t answers but a method to beat around the bush and avoid answering these questions.

At first I thought you might be intelligent - and might be able to answer the questions I asked in an intelligent manner - but you’re just like the rest -

“Christianity is THE only religion”
    “ Everyone else is going to hell - women and children alike”
    “Even though the Bible says that it’s ok for God to kill gay folks, wipe out massive amounts of people, slavery is ok”, etc etc - that you must be truly good and love thy neighbor.

Do as I say but certainly not as I do.

Whatever dude.

J

6. Well I do believe in god but hell no there isn’t only “one way” to him is there only one way to the shops from your house ? I think not so why would there be only one way to serve god? And I won’t lie I am a believer but I’m be learnt that religion is just another word for war lol I tend to keep my mouth shut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. That is pretty pompous there Ron, you know as well as I do that you could take 15 or 100 different Christians, ones that do study the Bible, and you would get 15 or 100 different understandings, all of them believing their interpretation/understanding is correct, and chances have it, none of them are correct. You seem to be implying that you can see through his errors because you have studied more.

Then you have Coptic Christians, Gnostic, Catholic, Protestant. Orthodox etc.

Have you ever read any of the excluded books, like the Book of Enoch or Book of Jubilees, or even the Nag Hammadi texts?

Ultimately truth is very simple and therefore God is very simple, the world is complex because it is distant from the simple truth.

I go through this stuff with physics too. Scientists want to say the photon is a particle, but a particle that has no mass, but it has to have mass because e=mc^2 and if you plug in the photons mass you get

E=0c^2

And zero multiplied by c^2 is zero, so the photon has zero energy, but that is incorrect.

So instead of facing this clear contradiction, they mask the problem in jargon and claim I am ignorant. Maybe I am ignorant, or maybe they are just fooling themselves.

Or mathematicians try to 'renormalize' infinite values into finite values so they can a actually calculate. WTF? Thete is no amount of voodoo mathematics that will convince me that makes any sense, it is flat out nonsense according to the laws of logic (and math is a logical language).

8. Religion intrigues me. So many different beliefs, Gods, views, stories...

Who's right???

My belief is nobody. I truly believe we as tiny little humans in the infinite Universe can't even begin to fathom the real truth.

I would be ignorant to read ANY religious book that humans wrote and act like I have the answers and then try push them on people or convince them it's the end all be all and the way it is. When the person who wrote it is just a clueless human like me. And then tell people when they dont conform to certain rules that there going too Hell and burn in eternity.

But maybe that really is the way it is? I dont know? Who's right? Are the Christians right? The Muslims? Pagans? Buddhists?? Who knows? Or maybe there all right and there really just talking about the same God just in there own ways and interpretations.

Or maybe there all wrong and religion is just made up by every society to impose some kind of normalcy and law. To get people to conform. Or to care. Get them in line.

I'll never pretend I have the answer. I'm just a tiny little Human at the will of the infinite Universe.

With all that being said even if you dont believe in religion you can be extremely spiritual. Feel what's real around you. Feel the wind and view the forest. We all have energy In side of us that keeps our hearts beating. That Christian's call the soul. Its possible that when that ends the energy goes back to the Universe and is used for another life. Be it a plant and animal or even to be another Human again. Who knows. I dont.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #190 420loud420, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    There was an advanced civilization that predates what we’ve been taught. Looks at all the ancient artifacts that clearly show advanced technology being used.
    We can’t even replicate today.
    Truth is we have no idea where we came from. Most of that evidence was destroyed or being kept out of public view.
    Maybe we are just ancient aliens ourselves.
    But yeah religion all points to the same thing. At some point in our history some beings came to earth from the sky and imparted wisdom.

Or maybe it’s all a product of random mutations.

But the “accept Jesus in you heart” or you’re going to hell is BS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I find it both amusing and irritating that many of the thousands variances of Christian churches still tout the Old Testament which many Jews claim to be more THEIR book.... this while they completely ignore the New Testament which Christ came to set straight the misconceptions of the Old Testament.

He taught peace, love, forgiveness, kindness, compassion, etc.... he didn't once condemn gays or other religions nor did he teach war and ruling by fear yet the evangelicals today appear to ignore his teachings and teach fear while backing war mongers and Israeli leaders...

i grew up attending a middle of the road Christian church along with my parents... at the time i wasn't aware enough to see the hypocrisy... later in life i had a short stint in an evangelical church and didn't take long to see the cult mentality and how they work... since then i have no interest in any of them but realize there are some if searched for that still teach the new testament and hold to the teachings the one the church is named for.

Actually if i wanted to just attend a church to sit and worship it would be the Catholic church and i've done so a few times in different cities where my job took me... i like the current pope but am somewhat baffled by his lack of comment on that 7K page letter... he needs to speak up imo but on the other hand i think anyone who would take his place would be a regressive move... i think Christ would agree with the pope's statement on gays but Christ is the last so called word of God and there is no mention of gays being singled out as beneath anyone else...

A lot of the old testament is primitive superstitious fear based BS imo, all of it was written by men, they say inspired by God but all religions say the same in that regard... Men create God in their own egoic image, sadly... they write books without knowing God then call it the word of God... i call BS.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Imaginary Deity in the sky used to control the Masses
    Nothing More

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I’ve got zero problem with (almost) any religion of course - unless it’s some evil cult that uses violence etc

I live by the “do unto others” mentality or I at least try to. I’ll be the first to help somebody that can’t help themselves.

I just have a problem with “it’s my way or the highway” (to hell) mentality.

Unfortunately just about every religion out there has the same mentality.

Peace & good will.Love your family, raise your children to be good folks. Positive vibes. That’s all I need. Unfortunately that’s not enough for some.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Why do you care that others believe you are going to hell?

Fear not!

Chapter 18 - Jesus Christ did not Teach or Believe in Hell – Gods Plan for All

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hehehe, you're so obvious your hat might as well be on fire. Can you even read? Are you on some medication that hinders comprehension? If not, then you're just throwing random shit for the sake of popularity.
    You're googling your questions, then forbid me to use google dictionary to define a single word. You snatch sentences out of context, then not allow anyone to use the context in the explanation you ask for. What a convenient rule to insure no answer will be acceptable.
    Just what in the HELL were they doing at your church for 10 years? According to you, they made you a teacher, but you can't even answer basic Bible questions. Then they even refused to answer your questions. Are you sure it was a church? Was there any Bible study happening at all? Do you have a Bible? Audio's are available now if reading or comprehension is an issue.
    Wow! 10 years, and moved into a teaching position, and you don't yet comprehend what it is to be born again. Even Nicodemus "got it".
    All you've done here is present the Bible and God as bullcrap, and now you're saying you never told anyone you don't believe in God.
    I gotta say, your game here is looking pretty squirrely.

I was raised Christian - every darn Sunday spent in a white building. 10+ years perfect attendance.
    I finally realized I was being scammed like so many others. I don’t need anyone to tell me what is right and wrong and I know how to treat other people.
    You know what kills me about this whole thing - and again, people, remember I was raised Christian. I actually taught Sunday school for a while.

You seem to be the one having a hard time answering questions. What did you do at that church for 10 years that you can't answer simple Bible questions? C'mon "teacher". Stop dancing around the bush, diverting and shifting blame because you can't answer this one simple question. What's the matter. What were you taught at your church about all these ludicrous google questions you've been shotgunning here? (lather, rinse, repeat) More yet, what were you teaching? Were you teaching out of context with no history? And don't dance around telling me you suddenly had a question when you grew up. I want to know what you were teaching about killing gay people. Oh, and you never offered a definition for the word covet. You forbid me to use the source your questions came from to define covet. So how would you define it? You know, that time I didn't answer your question? And what did you teach about substance abuse? You know, that other question I didn't answer? If we're keeping score, I think you owe me some answers. Go ahead, take two for one this time. I'll settle for that. You don't need to accuse me of being mad if you can't answer. That's a weak cop out and makes you look like you're running out of material.

Now, go ahead and make a big reply about how I didn't answer anything.

15. Where did you get this? Did you just make it up because it feels good?

16. You get mad really easy dude - you need to BREATHE... lol

(Attempting) to put folks down that question you really isn’t very becoming for you. You should look for alternative methods.

Let me say this again so that even you can understand (as you told another blade lol) -

I was raised in a Christian family - we went to church every Sunday morning - and for much longer than ten years. I threw the ten years out there simply because at that mark I got a “perfect attendance” pin and a really nicely bound new bible. When I was oh - 14, maybe 15 one of the Sunday school teachers left, died - who knows - so I filled in until a new replacement was found - probably just a couple months. This was with the little ones - kindergarten, first and maybe second grade etc. I did NOT teach bible - I’m sure we mostly colored and killed time while the big people sung about the glory of god upstairs.

Are you with me so far? I could maybe go a bit slower while you read this again - or maybe get someone to read it for you? Lol - sorry man can’t help myself - kinda like you? The difference is that I’m smiling right now vs you being actually mad... hehe

So there is the quick version of a kid raised going to a Christian (Protestant to be exact) church.

When I was 15? Maybe it was 16 - I started working weekends. I also started thinking for myself - as most kids do, and started questioning things that I was simply told was truth because I wanted more than just being told “it just IS”. I started questioning the very same things that I’ve asked YOU - and didn’t get good answers - same with YOU.

you can't even answer basic Bible questions. Then they even refused to answer your questions”

I apologize but which basic bible questions did you ask me? And who refused to answer my questions? Are you referring to the church I grew up in? If so, of course they answered my questions; just not in a manner that made me believe the answers.

“All you've done here is present the Bible and God as bullcrap, and now you're saying you never told anyone you don't believe in God.”

Well, first, I never once said that I don’t believe in God. I’m actually not sure these days one way or another but if you could show me where I said that? There may be a supreme being out there - I’m honestly not sure as I’ve never ever seen any actual proof either way - have YOU? It is the Christian Bible I question - not whether there is or isn’t a god. It is the book that you base your faith on that I question and have an issue with - NOT (your) god.

As far as the “present the Bible” as bull crap, then you are 100% absolutely correct that I totally and completely question the Christian Bible and it’s text - AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN ASKING YOU.

You're googling your questions, then forbid me to use google dictionary to define a single word.“

The ONLY thing I Googled was specific bible verses - because no - I do NOT own a bible anymore - or perhaps there is one in the bookcase - but it has not been opened in a very long time. As far as you Googling tho? You’re the one that shouldn’t be as you use the Bible as your basis for your faith - but whatever, that isn’t even important at all.

I want to know what you were teaching about killing gay people. Oh, and you never offered a definition for the word covet. You forbid me to use the source your questions came from to define covet. So how would you define it? You know, that time I didn't answer your question? And what did you teach about substance abuse? You know, that other question I didn't answer? If we're keeping score, I think you owe me some answers. Go ahead, take two for one this time. I'll settle for that. You don't need to accuse me of being mad if you can't answer. That's a weak cop out and makes you look like you're running out of material.

Now, go ahead and make a big reply about how I didn't answer anything

As I said above, I was only dealing with little kids - they wouldn’t even know what “gay” was - But we can come back to that in a minute. As far as the word “covet” goes - The Bible says anything, right? Whether it’s your neighbor his wife or his material goods… But I already said that. Since the Bible shows it as any material goods or your neighbors wife, that is exactly why I questioned you about it.

You can ask me any questions you’d like - and you can keep getting mad too lol - I really don’t care. as far as accusing you of being mad? Are you telling me that you’re not? LOL

Let me start with a couple basic ones for you though - and I’ve already asked this:

What are your thoughts on YOUR Christian Bible saying that gay folks should be put to death? If, after all, this book was written “by god”, (through different men), and it specially states this, do you feel that this is right? You kind of need to if you base your beliefs on this book - correct?

One more - I’ll keep it to two for now -

Saying that your religion, the Christian religion is really the only true religion, and that if any people in the whole world (SO MANY) do not accept this, become true believers, that after their very short time on earth that after they die, they will absolutely spend ETERNITY in a very bad place - a place of pain, of fire, an awful place called HELL - no matter how good they’ve been their whole lives, whether they are priests or a one-year-old girl - hell, Ghandi for that matter - All of these billions of people are going to end up in an eternity of torment because they wasn’t raised in your Christian religion?

Let’s start with those two. You really need to quit with the whole “trying to be popular”, or “ can you even read”, or “what kind of church did you go to” attitude lol

But either way it doesn’t even matter to me.

J

17. 16. The answer is 16...

Lol

J

18. None of us know the truth and probably will never know. Even when you die you most likely still wont because your energy will probably just be reborn again into some other life form and start all over. And repeat and repeat. So why argue?

19. “probably just be reborn again into some other life form and start all over.”

The Indian belief! I think it would be cool if some little part of you could actually remember which person or animal you used to be.

Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindu and Jainism all believe in reincarnation. Pretty neat concept at least. Pretty sure these are all India based religions.

And man I’m all set arguing. I just don’t agree that only certain folks can get into “heaven” or that there is only one good religion.

Anyhow.

J