Hi i am new and need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rayner, Mar 26, 2016.

1. #1 Rayner, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Hi i am new and wound like to start growing when i get a new house
    i live in the uk so i want to learn what i will need and all things i need to know

i have been recommend to get
    hydro grow tent
    AIR POTS
    temp/humidity meter
    ph kit
    100watts per plant min
    nutes
    medium

thanks for the help

2. ok thanks
    im not moving out for some time to i can make it as big as need but not over amount, about just to begin and be able keep it all as a decent set up that will last long time

3. I see you edited your question a bit, temp/humidity meter, ph kit, 100watts per plant min, nutes, medium, any pot ( I suggest you start small then work your way up unless it's a auto strain) , intake and exhaust fans

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #5 Stay_Blazed, Mar 26, 2016
    If you use CFL which are very good for beginner with small budget ( compact fluorescent lights) start out with 6400 full daylight spectrum then 2700k-2100k soft white for flower.

As for space, it's real simple keep her in smaller pot and she won't get as big. LST (low stress training), SCROG can be used here also keep a eye out for those smaller strains. I use 6400k all of veg then two weeks into flower till I switch to 2100k this should give you short thick stems. CFLs lack penetration so keep them close 2-4 inches, they don't get hot so don't worry about them burning your leaves.

5. auto stain and do you mean upgrade
    pots as it grows or when i start growing more ?

6. #7 Stay_Blazed, Mar 26, 2016
    Auto Flower, they flower with age rather then change in light cycle ex;(ON/OFF) 18/6 or 24/0 for veg then 12/12 to induce flowering. With autos you can run one consistent light cycle bc there's no need to induce flowering.

7. as in start with a solo party cup then move up as she grows so she doesn't become root bound

8. As for the tent, you don't even need one there are a bunch of DIY grow boxes. Ex; gutted out dresser, Cardboard Box (Not recommend due to fire risk and mold issues), Tote/Rubbermaid ect ect

Although the tent is recommended, I didn't use one for my first few grows. The supply's should pay for themselves after first harvest. You could go with genetics for your first grow but I recommend bag seed so you don't waste money on a newb mistake (not saying you will just be wary)

9. no tent ? how wound i hang all my stuff and keep it at a good temp/humidity
    and what you mean by bag seeds ?

10. Humidifier, misting the plant ect. As for the hanging of equipment just put hooks into the walls of the box and hang em that way. It's all pretty self explanatory once you get all the required equipment

11. Bag seed is seeds you find in your weed. Genetics is seeds that are bought from a breeder such as Gorilla Seeds, TheDankTeam, HSO, ect they are bread for resistance, yield and you can pick out a specific strain. Bagseed is mostly inbred which weakens genes but it's alright for your first grow, shit I still use em from time to time. Also with genetics you can chose from Auto Flower, Regular or Feminized seeds this is a plus because rather than have to wait to check the plants sex during flower you can always have a female (unless you hermie from stress)

12. i really like candy kush
    wound i be able to grow that ?

13. It all depends if you can afford the seeds, watch for these little known seed banks. I use TheDankTeam for US orders but since you are UK Gorilla Seeds will be fine and they always throw in some extra Seeds for free.

14. oh ok thx :)
    do you know how much they are ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. As for the medium I recommend coco coir, happy frog, and Fox Farm Ocean Farm. With anything organic you won't need to add nutes till two weeks in or u will fry the seedling. Also I would flush anything that is real strong like FFOF

16. Gorilla Seed Bank
    You can check there on their site, they are very reputable so don't worry about that. Also they are active and have a account right here on the city which is a plus

17. i wont get found out by the police for buying them online and all the other stuff will i ?

18. what do you mean ? and i dont know alot so dont know what ffof is ?

19. They aren't even illegal to own in the UK simply illegal to germinate, that's why they don't have strain reviews/smoke reports on there site.