HI Help==WILL THIS LIGHTGOOD TO GROW

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yangonmintar, May 18, 2006.

1. im not quite sure, i dont know too much about growing myself perhaps some of the people around here with more experience could help ya, good luck with your grow.

2. No.

Read up, these kinds of basic questions are answered all over the sticky posts, grow guides, search results, etc.

You need fluoros, compact fluoros, or HID.

3. I was about to buy it too, my plant r in fluro right now- just finsh germinating. It grow about 2inches under 30 watt fluro.

But i gonna need- more light soon. GONNa get CFL,

4. i am thknking of placing the plant under the sun outside during the day and placing underthe CFl during the night indoor during vegtation stage. Is it OK?

Do u think it will mess up the plant hormone--if i switch the plant from natural light to artificial light --vice versa

I thinking about doing this to save energy--

5. how many cfl should i use for 3 plants?

6. well ive been putting mine in an indoor greenhouse for natural light & heat throughout the day and then moving em to my small growbox..they seem to be working aight..im a novice myself though :)
    good luck and welcome to GC.

7. 3 plants, i would get atleast 400watts of fluoros, if you want a decent grow.

8. Man hell no. dont use that fo' sho'

9. what u wanna get is some real grow lights or do it outside if u wanna check out some grow lights go to this address http://www.seedlover.com/products.php?catID=2198 dont go for anything under 25000 lumens. I suggest a 600w HPS system that'll give u what u need

10. 600watt hps for 3 plants? NO thats way too much. If you cant afford a hps then either put them outside or use cfls. You can get a 4pack for $10 in the u.s. So get 8 27watt (1570lumen)cfls.

Oh tommyboy they dont even sell hps lights at that website.

11. i guess the goal is to get as much light to the plants without burning them. but i guarantee if u dont burn the plants in the process the end result will be some BOMB bud if u can use a 600w but keep it about a foot above the plants

12. definitely if u cant afford an HPS use CFLs they dont use much energy and if u get enough of em it should work alright

13. A 150watt hps will be fine. You dont need a 600watt thats way too much for 3plants.

14. If you are looking for lighting for three plants on the cheap, get a couple of these CLICK HERE

15. Wow tHANKS THAT HELP-

16. i SAW mh LIGHT BULB SALES IN DEPOT--DOES mH GOOD FOR BOTH VEGATATION STAGE AND FLOWERING STAGE?

aND ANOTHER QUESTION----foR MH BULB-DOES IT FIT IN STANDARD LIGHT SOCKET?

17. mh is for veg, Hps is for flowering. Get a hps if you can only get one. and no mh bulbs wont fit in a regular socket.

18. MOST MH bulbs will not fit in a regular socket. Some will. BUT, they need a ballast to power them. You can't just go get a MH bulb and put it into a socket and light it (whether it fits in the socket or not).

19. Ok i know there should be only 1 plant in pot but i had a seed that did not germinate-- SO for the hell of it i just throw it in the pot that already has plat(shorter one)--and now the seed that i throw in growing and it is taller than the older one.

Ok this plant is about a week old-- i don't know why the stem is keep growing but the leaves doesn't seem to grow as much as the stem.
    and this whole week i place plant under long flourcent light--fish tank like--2-3inchs high

DO u think it is normal size for one week old plant?

Attached Files: