Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hi from Aussie

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ausgal, Oct 4, 2018.

1. New member here

Any other Aussies still here? More specifically, in Vic?

I’m new to the game...after recently spending time in California, realise that the solution for my health issues is green ;) I hadn’t smoked since college...now I’m (ahem) closer to middle aged and have a family...more interested in edibles and vaping.

Keen to learn more. Have been fascinated to learn about different strains and their effects. I am looking for pain management and better sleep.

2. hi, im not in Vic, but in the Great Artesian Basin area, hope you find what you need here!
    artesian.png

3. I'm not in Australia, but you said you want to learn more about cannabis. I'm "Granny" one of the science nerds at GC. Pain management and sleep, sounds like you will prefer the "indica" strains.

I have a free collection of links to articles and studies about cannabis, the cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system. In my collection, there are a bunch of recipes for edibles - just look in the "Methods of Use - Edibles - Recipes" section. I also have recipes for topical rubs that are remarkably effective for arthritis and carpal tunnel. ( I have both.)

You can access my collection here - New July 2018 "Granny Storm Crow's List"- FREE!

And by the way, the gal who does the "Granny Storm Crow's List" Facebook page lives in Australia. She is a real sweetheart and a dedicated activist- she volunteered to do the Facebook for me several years ago and has kept at it.

I hope my List will help you find the answers you need.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I live in Canberra but my younger brother lives in Melbourne. He doesn't smoke weed like me though. He has never even tried it; not even once.

Welcome to the forums :)

5. Thanks guys!

Biggest hassle I’m having is finding those with indica strains....and ppl who will trust me on wickr :( Advice welcome!

6. are you asking to score actual indica weed here? if you are you are taking a big risk, unless of course you're a narc? if you want to score you're better off asking people in your local area.
    if you want to grow your own i can give you many links to seedbanks that will ship seeds to you safely

7. No no..not at all. I realise that is a no no.

I have some contacts, that’s all good. Just had one seller bail on me as they thought I was a cop. Don’t want that happening again.

8. ummmm you are not being very clear on exactly what you are seeking?

9. Well how do I not freak people out? Is there a secret handshake or codeword I’m missing? lol

10. Thanks Granny! Will check it all out ;)

11. good luck....COP!

12. Oh, don’t you start too

It’s hard to get a foot in the door when you are middle aged, female and seem like a very unlikely stoner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tell me about it, hon! About 20 years ago, I moved to a town where I knew nobody! I ended up going back to college to find a good connection! I was in my mid-50s at the time, a frumpy-looking, overweight housewife, and it took 2 weeks of telling "back in the day" stories to the kids at the "stoner's table" to get invited to that first party! :passtheshit:

Once I showed them I could still clear a 3 foot bong, things went much smoother! :RoorRip:

Just hang in there, hon, be yourself and keep posting! :GettingStoned:

Granny :wave:

14. "420 friendly" is currently what we use in Hampton Roads, VA.. My NORML license plate -a sticker would do-got me a bud from a neighbor.

15. Thanks guys, all good. I look forward to the day I can find some buddies of a similar demographic to hang out with. They have to be around somewhere. :)

At the moment, discretion around the family is the key. I have a pen vape, but thus far have been pretty unimpressed with it. Have a MFLB on its way, I am looking forward to testing out. I know there’s far more fancy devices around, but its simplicity appealed to me.

As for edibles...well, I was so, so impressed with what you can buy in legal places with doses clearly marked. I have learned I’m a total lightweight when it comes to eating - which was surprising, but nice on the wallet. 10mg edibles can put me on my ass and have me flying for about 8 hours! Eventually I will make my own edibles, but am mindful of being careful with dosing to not overdo things.

All a fun learning curve.

• Like Like x 1