Hi everyone. First time grower here. Need help with planning.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NickMode, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Hi all. Im new to this site and i look forward to meeting all you guys.

Marijuana growing has always been an interest to me over the past years. Ive researched and researched growing and learned tons about it. I always said this was going to be the year to start growing. I even got a grow light a couple years back. Due to where i live and how its really populated i had always leaned more to indoor growing. Although indoor growing is not feasible anymore, i have turned my attention outdoors. And i live in northeast USA roughly 39N lat.

I have found a spot nearby, on google earth, after 3 spots that were no good. Its about 1.5 miles of woods with just a few farm houses nearby. I have to walk down some train tracks about .5 miles in cut into the woods. Im not sure what goes into a great spot but i will try and explain to you the spot i found.

The spot seems secluded. no noticeable trails, a close by water source, i am growing along side of a creek. Next to the creek there is huge brush of prickers, and i made my way in the middle and decided that was a good spot. Its pretty good and discreet with alot of green around my plants. And when summer comes i can expect that vegitation around to really shoot up and provide more covering. It is in the woods, not a field. There are tall trees, but the spot i picked has pretty good sun. Overhead there is a big gap in the where i will get, i think about 4-5 hours of direct overhead sunlight. I want to harvest 3 or 4 females at the end of the season.

Well with explaining my site, i will move on to some questions i have. My spot seems nice. When i got home yesterday i was searching alot about flooding. The creek is in a gully (hills on both sides) and my plants are about 20meters from the creek. Am i setting up for disaster? or can this work?

I also ordered 10 AK-48 seeds from nirvana. I ordered them today from seedboutique.com. Depending on when i get them, i plan to germinate them, and once they sprout, i will give them 2 weeks to grow as much as they can (setting them outside my house in small pots) until i move them to my grow spot. Is this enough time for my plants before i set them out in the woods? I am going to say my seeds will get here in 3 weeks, and they will be out in the woods the first week of may. Will this give them adequate time to grow and produce good yields?

Also about smell when they are flowering. I heard alot about smell and whatnot, and i can only assume that they smell super skunky. But how far off can this smell be smelled? can someone 100 yards away smell my plants?

I am also not sure wether i want to plant them directly in the ground, or in a pot. My original plan was, since they are only going to be 2 weeks old when they go out in the forest, just put them straight into the ground. What are the pros and cons of planting in a pot with bottom cut off in the ground, or just straight in the ground?

Also another thing is soil. I kinda researched a little bit on soil and lime and all that good stuff. And i went to walmart the other day and was looking at all their bags of soil and i really had no idea what i was looking for. And fertalizers and all that stuff? not sure how to mix, what to mix, how to mix, when to mix, or anything like that. i havent really found a good guide on soil mixtures and nutrients and all that good stuff. so if someone can give me some tips or a guide that would be really appreciated.

But i am really passionate about growing, more than actually smoking the herb. I love smoking ween but can easily go days and weeks without smoking. But i am def def looking forward to smoking my own herb, as i can assume its really rewarding.

So good luck on everyones grows and like i said, i look forward to hearing and sharing with all of you. :)

2. Smoking your own herb is amazing man you will probly get the highest you have ever been when you smoke the first dry buds of your harvest I know I sure did. It feels great to create your own weed from seeds.

Your spot sounds pretty good to me but you just gotta make sure you dont leave any trails to it through out the season. Ive also read somewhere that the plants do best when they get more direct sunlight in the morning than the afternoon/evening. Last season I grew by a swamp and it worked great I used the plain native soil that was there and planted them about 10 feet away from the water. I went to the plants about once a week and gave them nutes if they needed it and just made sure they were ok and they grew about 8 feet tall. This year I plan on planting in that spot again but im only going to go there every 2 weeks to a month this season because my trail got really noticable in the fall last season. My plants didnt smell to bad from a distance you should be good if there 100 yards away. I would plant them directly in the ground if I were you. Most nutrients that ive seen have a table on the back that tells you how much to add to the water so its easy to get the right mixture.

Good luck on your grow and welcome to the forum :wave: