HFL Grow '09

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Spudder, Jan 23, 2009.

1. High For Life Grow '09 here we come!
    I'm just starting up my own grow post to keep myself dedicated to this years grow. This years grow op. will be my first grow! I have dabbled with a few plants in the past 2 years, but I havn't taken it serious, thus, they never made it over 2 feet tall. I have spent countless hours on this site researching outdoor, indoor, and even hydroponic growing techniques. I have decided on growing greenhouse WW organically because of, of course, Oldpork. His '08 grow inspired me to get off my ass and grow that sticky green, wait no, that sticky white herb. I believe I will grow six plants, perhaps more. I have made a list of the items I need to get:
    Rusty Nails, Horse shit, worm castes, mollases (blackstrap), promix (what kind? organic?) bloodmeal, bonemeal, mulch for on top to keep nutrients in during winter and spring, fish emulsion, bat guano (perhaps seabird guano also?) 3 gallon pots, epsom salts, a ph meter, and superthrive. If there is anything else I am missing, please inform me! I'll be able to buy a few of these items right away, but some I won't be able to, due to being layed off and being in search of a new job (Fucking DT's suck, 30 day tolerance break anyone? lol) Right now I am headed out to dig six holes where my beauties will be. I'll post pictures later and a few of the other questions I have. :wave:

2. So today I went out and began the process of getting ready. I dug five holes so far. I'm going to have seven all together. I have a few questions though. I recieved some horse manure that has been in my friends pasture for a long time. Do I just take out all the soil from the holes, put in the bone meal and blood meal and horse manure and let it sit? Do I mix it in with some good soil that already came from the hole? Should I use the top soil from the holes i've dug? It seemed pretty good and I started a bag seed in it just to see how it does, and it's doing well. The area i'm in has mainly Gambel Oak http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambel_oak around as vegetation. Do you think the soil would be to acidic? I'm going to be putting in promix when I plant them in the ground around june.

Thanks in advance,

Spud