Heya guys, opinions on this problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by hereiamfool, Apr 17, 2016.

1. So this is my very first plant, I've got a ton of clones on backup but this ones my very first. It was all going good until I changed it over to flowering.
    For about 6 days the tenpature was over 100 and I'm pretty sure I was hanging the new light way too low.
    I would like your guys opinions. About what you guys ultimately think went wrong.
    Just so I don't make the same mistake.
    The tenpature problem has since been resolved.
    Also do you guys think she's worth even trying to save?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. she looks awful i dont know what it could be but ill be watching to see what the more experienced people say??!! hope you can save her dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bro that girl is stressed out.
    What kind of soil are you using? Have you physically moved the plant?
    My white rhino plant was fucked because I knocked it over, never recovered from the shock.

4. Heat. If you start to get above the mid 80s, your plants are not going to be happy. You pretty much crispy fried this one. It doesn't look dead, but it's going to take it quite some time to get over what it's been through. Any of the leaves that are damaged can be pruned away. Do that and see what you've got left. Decide after that. You say you have clones in backup, so it would probably be quicker just to start over with one of them. Listen, there is a whole lot more to doing this than just figuring out what setup you're putting together to grow with. There is a whole process for growing these things indoors and some very important basic information that every grower needs to know. Go to the new grower threads and read some of the sticky's there specifically for the new grower. They contain a lot of this information that helps you make more sense out of what you're doing. Information is most definitely your friend when first starting out and the more you know about what you're doing, the less trouble you and your plant are going to have throughout the process. Good luck! TWW

5. @TheWidowWhite
    Yea I suspected it was mostly a heat problem, I have my lights running at night now and the temps never get above 82, I've got a better tent coming this Friday and a couple inline fans so I shouldn't run into this problem again.
    But yeah she was doing good until I screwed that up. If I don't think she will make it then I'm swapping the bulbs out tonight and getting my next batch off the CFL's and into the big tent.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thanks for replies guys, I'm still learning about this plant lol. I didn't think a couple days of heat like that would do her in so bad.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. IMG_20160417_123338432.jpg I got my oldest mother crispy too. Just a tad.

• Like Like x 1
  8. too hot? I think I had my lights too close too, she looks pretty good tho still.

9. And I'm using an organic blend, its not a soil issue, im completely confident it's a overlight/temp issue, the thing im trying to figure out is which one. Because if it was just the temps then I want to put my lights back down closer so it gets enough energy.
    But yes I did move it, but that was almost a week BEFORE it started to show these symptoms, and the week it happened was also a very hot one up.

10. Heat damage depends on the strain, I've had successful grows in the mid to upper 90s and never had a heat related stressing issue, as long as the roots stay cool it will prevail, they do look a little crispy if you had your lights too close

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

11. #11 ccmeduser, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    The bleached out leaves on top tell most of the story. Yes your room was hot but that is not what caused your damage at the top of the canopy. If it was solely heat, the whole plant would have suffered the same if left for a couple days in extended temps. I've accidentally done the same but had good results saving the plant as there was not a lot of tissue damage, just mainly underwatered due to the excess evap from the heat and severely droopy leaves. Your issue looks to be your lamp spacing from the top of the plants. Sure, the tops of the plants show severe heat stress and light burn, but I'd bet both were a condition of the light being too close. Run your hps light no more than 12-18 inches higher then the canopy, on your next run. I'd toss these and start again personally, especially if you have new clones already. If you don't, I'd bet your babies will be ready to take over this tent before this stressed out girl recovers fully.

Additionally, stressed out plants are far more susceptible to pests and disease. Just another reason to start over fresh.

12. I think I'll follow your advice and do that, my two biggest clones are already too big for the vegg tent.
    I suppose I'll throw those two and two more in and let them veg for a few more weeks before I flower.
    @ccmeduser would you mind taking a look at my Journal? Tell me what you think about the clones in the most recent set of pictures? Also you will be able to see the plant after I trimmed off all the dead leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. @heriamfool. Your clones are lookin pretty good so far. If you are going to train now would be a good time to start while they are vegging for a bit longer. Subbed.