Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hey, you should sign this petition to end the War on Drugs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SipTeaSmokeTree, May 27, 2011.

1. Yeah, an internet petition may not do anything.

But you know what definitely wont do anything? Not doing anything.

2. well said.

3. #23 WeedBratton, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    There's no doubt that's true, and that's why I spend a lot of my spare time working on methods that have better potential. Everyone should be educated about their local governments, and try to work with your representatives to get legislature into DC.

Edit: Signing a petition is about the laziest form of activism, it's just a step above doing nothing at all, if you really want change it's a whole lot harder then just writing down your name.

4. You can say whatever you want, but you still shouldn't have came on here and called everyone stupid.

5. You just wasted that 20 seconds writing that post. Have a cookie :D

6. thanks tips

:rolleyes:

7. /signed

Doesn't hurt, right?

8. Apparently it does, the instigator in this thread cries about how it's 20 seconds of his life he can never get back. Yet he's posted like four of five times, which probably came out to him "wasting" 10 minutes just on this topic.

You can't use that argument that you won't get that time back when you're in a bigger waste of time at the exact moment you complain.

9. you guys are fighting for nothing on that petition, the DEA probably made it to track all of you guys down and keep logs. you guys obviously have no idea how many of these same petitions have passed through this website.. so quit trying to defend something that literally has no meaning whatsoever. i completely agree with weedbratton
    if you really wanna make a change, quit signing fucking internet petitions and get out and actually do something. those things arnt even going to make it to a city level representative, i guarantee it.
    above all.
    everyone stop baggin on bratton, your making yourselves look like idiots for getting mad over someone saying some real shit to you.
    in otherwords
    get off your lazy fucking asses and go fight for your right to smoke weed!!
    these petitions dont do shit!!

10. Yeah this guy got it. The DEA definitely made this petition and will unleash raids on every participant of the petition. That makes so much sense.

Emailing representatives doesn't do anything more than a petition. Don't blame us because politicians won't listen to the people.

11. hahahahaha

paranoid much?

12. bump for signatures. it's almost there.

13. For those of you saying petitions do nothing:

Every imprint you make upon this world has an effect on the outcome. If this petition really doesn't change the UN's opinion, then at least you will have shown others that knew of the petition that you existed and you opposed the War on Drugs.

14. i would be happy to sign

15. #35 samson32, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011

It does leave an imprint of my opinion on the war, but what it also does is give a list of real names of people off of a forum meant to be anonymous as well as making it easier to obtain their ip addresses.. :confused_2:

A little paranoia isn't that bad of a thing when you are trying to protect yourself as well as your family since bud is still illegal on a federal level.. It wouldn't be hard to link your ip address with your name and get a location off of it if the petition site is based in the US. If it is then they could easily get a warrant to get have a list of names to start checking through..

Now this may just be the grower side of me coming out since I have to be extra careful about how I respond to things, but I'd rather be safe with no link to my current self on here than to sign an internet petition that may or may not make a difference..

I'd rather keep posting and chatting with my friends on gc without the constant fear of being tracked down.. I'll do my changing when the next election comes around that has a mj related vote.. That is where a difference can be made.. The booths..

A petition is a nice thought, but not when you don't know who is having you sign it.. I'll still support you guys and hope that nothing goes wrong, but I'm sticking to the sidelines and watching how it goes..

Just my .02

:smoke:

16. To those who won't sign but yet still comment:

In the time it takes to type out "hey man that's a waste of time" you could have spent your time better by signing.