Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hey, you should sign this petition to end the War on Drugs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SipTeaSmokeTree, May 27, 2011.

1. I signed.

2. I would if it meant anything.

3. Ugh... come on guys there are only 535 people that completely control law in the U.S., get on the phone with them every single day if they are repping your district, send them email and letters, go to their town halls and give them shit... etc. thats how you end the drug war not a petition.

4. I don't see why anyone wouldn't sign.

5. whatever

I signed

6. The same reason I don't shovel my driveway while it's still snowing; it's pointless.

Petitions won't do shit, sorry to say it, but it's true.

7. so what?

it takes 20 seconds to sign. show some support man.

8. Petitions may not seem like they make a difference, and they more than usually don't, but hey, if you get a million people to sign this, I'm sure the man might look at it and go "well shit MAYBE we should consider doing something". Of course, going to your local representative and nagging the hell out of them will obviously do more for you than signing a virtual petition, but baby steps folks, they might get us somewhere :)

9. Fixed.:cool:

10. If you sign it you're pretty much supporting "the wastage of time by signing petitions" petition.

11. It's not support, it's an exercise in futility, you say it only takes 20 seconds so I might as well do it, but thats 20 seconds wasted on nothingness. Petitions, specifically internet petitions, aren't worth jack shit.

12. holy fuck you annoy me.

you obviously don't mind wasting time on this useless forum.

what's the difference?

I don't see why you're so against it.

13. You take that back!

14. #15 WeedBratton, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    I'm not against it, and guess what? You don't get to dictate how I spend my time, I get joy out of posting on these forums. "Signing" that petition is the equivalent of signing a piece of paper and throwing it the trash.

You think this is the first petition to end the war on drugs? Absolutely not, there have been dozens of them, and even the ones in meat-space don't do anything. If a list of people who smoke weed would end the war on drugs, it would've happened years ago.

Also; there have been numerous threads on this forum with the same exact link in them.

Edit: Can't forget that internet petitions are usually laughed at due to the fact that 1 man can easily sign it 1 million times.

15. o rly?

you're right.

I couldn't care less how you spend your time or if you died tomorrow.

no reason to be so negative and apprehensive.

take it elsewhere.

16. No petition is going to end the war on drug's sorry.....

17. Someone asked why people wouldn't sign it, and I gave an answer, isn't that how forums work?

Just because you don't like the answer, doesn't mean it's invalid.

18. #19 samson32, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    I commend you for your efforts, but knowing that it won't work I'm not going to sign.. Especially with my real name.. I'd rather keep myself out of jail and something about this doesn't seem safe.. Sorry..

I support you and I support weed, but I'll do it from here..

:smoke: