Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hey, So Would This Work?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by IheartBrownies, Mar 27, 2011.

1. #1 IheartBrownies, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
    So I was planning on making some weed tea soon, because I can't roll for my life, and I've heard the high is interesting, but I was wondering if I make some weed tea and leave out the water (just use whole milk), and maybe add a drop of butter, can I use that to cook with? Like instead of replacing the oil or butter with cannabutter I replace the water or milk with weed tea?

...or maybe I'm just dumb.

2. That's what I did, as long as you have the fat source...

1) Make a double boiler. Small pot inside of big pot, big pot filled with boiling water. Put your weed and whole milk in the smaller pan. Cover smaller pot and allow to go for like 20 minutes, stirring it frequently.. longer if you want. You wont even need the butter if you have whole milk. Trust me, I used milk and butter yesterday, and it tasted sooooo bad. ><

If you want, you could add other tea bags for more flavor when its done and just let it steep for a while - I've found a blend of vanilla chai and chamomile makes it taste decent..

3. That sounds a bit complicated I was just thinking put some weed in a tea bag, and let it steep in some boiled milk for a while, and I meant if you could use it to make edibles?

4. It could be done, yes. But milk has such a low fat content that it wouldn't be worth it. If you have your mind set on tea, you could make a pot (no pun intended) and then put canna-oil, or cannabutter in it, then just drink the pot.

5. @ewb: Whole milk, low fat content? Wha? It's not that bad, there's plenty of fat in whole milk to cook with.. whole milk.. milk fat.. o_o

I wouldnt even have replied but weed butter tea just tastes so bad. IMHO. Ughhh.

6. Making cannabutter is what I'm trying to avoid, and wouldnt tea still be pretty potent without cannabutter?

Haha I dont know I guess I'm trying to find a way to make edibles without cannabutter, and I thought tea gets you high so putting tea in a brownie should get you high.

7. Whoa, wait. What? Putting tea in a brownie? o_O Mind = blown...

Make a simple recipe of canna-oil and put it into a cup of like, chamomile (idunno if that's how you spell it, I'm sure you know what I mean :smoke: ) tea and you'll feel pretty good.

8. Haha that's exactly what I'm thinking like instead of putting water in the brownies, you put weed tea (just whole milk, no water), but you still put regular oil etc... whatever the recipe calls for.

9. If you're making brownies, there's no reason for you to make anything other than canna-oil or butter. Anything else is a waste as there's nothing else with a higher fart content than those two.

10. Lol higher fart content, but as potent as edibles are do you reall need all that fat content?

11. LOL. I just realized that poopy mistake :smoke: but yes the higher the fat content, the more cannabinoids stick to, thus the higher you get, for a prolonged amount of time.

12. Hmm this doesnt seem to be something people have really tried before, maybe I'll try it and see how it goes, it probably wont last as long, but being stoned for 6 hours doesnt seem that practical anyway

13. I fail to see how that's impractical :smoke: I wish I could stay stoned for 6 hours everytime haha.

14. Haha, I know what you mean, hard to be productive being stoned for that long though lol.