Hey man

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Stoned Engineer, Jun 5, 2007.

1. While I've never posted here before, I have been lurking for the past few months. Might as well introduce myself.

I'm an electrical engineer with a high interest in marijuana growing operations. I've never started a grow-op, but I have lots of new ideas. One of them is to use solar panels/wind generators and a battery bank to provide the electricity for the grow-op while also providing all electricity for the building the grow-op is located at. It would be a self-sustaining, fully off-grid system. The advantages are obvious to many, including but not limited to no electric bill!

I'm also in the process of building a battery powered car out of my Triumph race car. Currently planning on using a Netgain 9" series-wound DC motor, a Cafe Electric Zilla 1k controller, a PFC20 battery charger, and 16 Universal Battery UB121100 batteries(rated at 80 AH at the 1 hr rate, 12V nominal, 720 cca) connected in series for 192V. This should give me a battery powered car that costs about $10,000 to build, and according to simulation, will do 100 miles per charge at 65 mph, 0-60 mph in 6 seconds, a top speed exceeding 140 mph, and factoring in battery replacement every 30,000 miles plus electricity costs, will reach cost parity with a comparable gasoline powered car at $1.50/gallon gas(so long as gas is above $1.50/gallon, the electric will be cheaper to run). It will be painted dark British Racing Green and will have a bunch of aerodynamic modifications, low rolling resistance tires, synthetic transmission oil, 0 camber/castor/toe alignment, and machined brake calipers to maximize efficiency and get that range desired. It will be the ultimate ride to hotbox in and roll around town full of smoke and picking on Porsche Boxters and BMW Z4s.

I also have quite a few as of yet unheard of weed-related product ideas to develop. They will absolutely change the way you smoke weed if they turn out to work. If they work out, I might end up selling them on these forums and elsewhere, but I'm not giving them away just yet. If I need beta testers, I'll be sure to let you all know. These might make me a small fortune if I can get them reasonably priced.

I'm sort of a lightweight smoker. Very high metabolism. I started smoking years ago when I was a teenager and have been doing so ever since into adulthood. I normally smoke about once every week to keep my tolerance to the bare minimum, but two-three times a year go on daily binges(I'm currently on a week long tolerance break from a binge that lasted 2 weeks and will return to once a week again). This way, each high is like the first one. I'm also very fond of shrooms and ever since I've started doing them, I get a shroom flashbacks about 50% of the time I get high on weed. Some say shroom flashbacks are impossible, but I have experienced what seems to be just that. I've also done LSD, cocaine, sherm sticks(PCP laced joints), ketamine, vicodin, and heroin. One thing I won't try is meth. The harder stuff, like sherms, LSD, and shrooms I usually only do once a month.

Weed, shrooms, sherms, and LSD are my favorites, in that order.

I've built all sorts of crazy shit. Made a small wind turbine for generating electricity, a DC-DC buck-boost converter, homemade 'fireworks'(best thing to call them given the forum rules), among other things.

Anyway, you might get to know me over the next few months if I stick around. I have lots of things to share that may be useful to you all, lots of information related to weed politics and uses for the cannabis plant other than smoking it, and lots of fun stories to tell. Peace.

2. welcome to the city man, you must try out your grow ideas and keep us posted! :hello:

3. Thanks for the warm welcome dude. I have no intent to start a grow-op, but I really want to give people a lot of ideas to so that there are less busts and more weed on the streets, if you get my drift.

By going off the electric grid, you give the fuzz one less tool to use to apprehend you. Not to mention, other techniques to render some of their tools worthless. Perhaps designing and selling renewable energy powered indoor growing kits would be a good start, and they could be marketed for growing plants in general, so as to skirt any legal issues.

I also have my own high-tech paraphenerlia designs, and if they work as planned, they are going to make me fucking rich. This site's store would be the perfect place to sell them, and since it's the Netherlands here on this site, it would all be legal! Just you wait for the Technobong...

4. We've already shared a quick conversation, and I'm looking forward to reading over the links you sent me on building your own electric car. Your grow ideas sound rather interesting as well (I haven't grown yet, but I want to be asap) If you decide to stick around we will definatly be in touch. Welcome to the city.