hey Joe... let's talk pardons.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by myrrhlynn, Jul 11, 2020.

1. seeing Trump has gotten away with his insane pardoning of friends and co-conspirators, Joe has been given a great gift by the redumblicans. on day one, President Biden should pardon every one of the 78,000 non-violent drug offenders who are currently incarcerated in federal prisons. what are they going to say?

2. RELEASE ALL THE TWEEKERS!!!!! RELEASE THE CRACKHEADS!!!!! RELEASE THE HEROIN JUNKIES!!!!!

Yup, that makes sense. ( Insert sarcasm emoji here).

Believe it or not, prison is better than the streets for quite a few of the non-violent drug offenders. Less drugs available, free food, gym membership, cable TV, no responsibility.

Trump pardons 26 people and you think that would excuse pardoning 78,000 convicted felons...get real man.

Your TDS is starting to stink a little, might want to get that looked at.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Co-conspirators? What friends did he pardon and what conspiracy?

4. Had to go look it up... Obama pardoned 212 individuals in his 8 years in office. Trump is at 26 pardons in the 3.5 years he has been in office. Do you see the problem with your complaint?

One other thing... With a large number of people asking for police abolishment and defunding, do you think it would be wise to release 78,000 convicted felons? Or are you truly seeking the complete destruction of this great nation?

• Like Like x 3
  5. 78,000 non-violent "crimes", yeah they should be released.

6. I can't tell if you're being serious or not lol.

7. Roger Stone is a smug piece of pond scum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Trump is the swamp "he wants to drain"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Those who have been incarcerated for nonviolent simple drug possession, should be taken out of the prison system.

We should not abolish or defund the police, all we need to do is take the power of the unions away from them, and fire the bad cops. I'd start with the worst 10%, and see how that goes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I am serious.

1. The war on drugs is ridiculous

2. Locking people up for non-violent "crimes" is ridiculous

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Possibly, but either way, falsely weaponizing the judicial system against anyone is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I don't disagree with your "simple possession" comment or about "defunding police".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. So meth cooks, and crack cooks, corner dealers, mules, ecstasy manufacturers, heroin manufacturers, they're all good?

I don't believe these individuals should get a free pass back in to society.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Sounds like a terrible idea to me. As someone who is 5 years clean of heroin, and was incarcerated for "non-violent" crimes - I can say with full confidence that if I was released early I'd be right back on the street. This saves $$ by clearing out gen pop, but does not help the people at all. Not the inmates, nor the civilians.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Child molesters being released from jail so they will be safe from coronavirus.
    But the real issue is pardoning a few white collar crimes.

Somebody tell me this shit ain't real.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Are they going to defund most of the police in California at the same time?

That's a horrible idea IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. What are your thoughts on the really bad addictive drugs then?

serious question.

Free for all? All laws out the window? Not sure if youve been in/around/amongst/whatever regarding these drugs and I obviously cant discuss them singularly but these are really bad things.

VOE.

j

18. We really shouldnt list individual drug names due to GC rules. We know exactly what you mean and am in agreement.

J

• Like Like x 1
  19. But with the Bad Drugs trust me - it inevitably leads to violence.

There is zero doubt about this.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1